midge and isi

Old Forms in Ghana- Can I get some help?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance just picked up pk 3 and 4 yesterday. The forms (DS-156, DS-156k, DS-230 Part 1) we got are the old ones (exp 2004, 2006, and 2007). Can any recent accra interviews tell me if they got the old ones too and if you printed out the new ones from the website for the interview or did you use the ones they gave? It would seem that they would want to use the new ones right?

Also- I know the old form had it, but in the letter to us it said to get the I-134 notarized (from what my fiance read me over the phone)? Did anyone recently go in with it not-notorized at accra. The new form doesnt have a spot for it- so just wondering if they havent updated the leter....

Any official word (anyone) about DS-156 vs DS-160 for K-1 interviews??? I think i will still send the DS-160 confirmation page with him to be on the safe side and the DS-156... unless someone can show me that it has been officially changed)

But they did for sure update the price!!! (hehe)

THANKS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Anyone who interviewed recently can you help out the people for october and november....

Mr. K did you see about the DS-160.... dont be fooled!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Anyone who interviewed recently can you help out the people for october and november....

Mr. K did you see about the DS-160.... dont be fooled!

Yes, I saw the link to the embassy about the DS-160. It would probably be a good idea to complete it as well. Even though they said nothing about it and they shouldn't require it for people who have received their packets already without the DS-160, but hey this is Ghana (US Embassy there).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well, I just read the DS-160 info on the US Embassy in Ghana website that JustUs provided, and continued to another website with FAQs about the form: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

It is only here where I have found they mention K1 visas and the use of DS-160. Check #13 and #16:

13... NOTE: The exceptions are Fiancé(e) Visas (K-1/2) which still require use of the forms DS-156 and DS-156K...

16... In addition to the Fiancé(e) Visa (K1/K2), are there any other visa categories for which I should NOT fill out the DS-160?

It looks like this will require a call to the embassy just to verify that the form is not needed. Completing the DS-160 just in case might not be a bad idea, but when I looked at how to do that online it looks like it opens up a can of worms with extra fees, appt scheduling, etc.

Edited by Mr. K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.