Nikolaib

I-129f questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb set of questions, but here goes.

I am starting the paperwork to bring my fiance to the US on a K-1 Visa, and I had a friend who did the same thing, so he's been giving me advice. The problem is, he has told me a few things that I am a little unsure about. When I was in Ukraine a few weeks ago with my fiance, we went to apply for her international passport, and she was told that it would take a few months to get to her. My friend tells me that I, in fact, need photo-copied scans of her international passport, as well as mine. Now according to this website and it appears the instructions that come with the I-129f form, I don't need anything other than a copy of my birth certificate for the proof of citizenship, and I don't even need one at all for her. Is that correct? My friend went through a lawyer, so I'm thinking that maybe the lawyer just made him do more than was actually needed. If anyone could answer this, and affirm that I don't need scans of her passport, I would be very happy.

Also, I'm going to have her send me her passport sized photo, as well as the signed A-325A, and letter of intent. Would any of the other members with Ukrainian wives or fiances recommend what they feel is the best service for mailing that to me, safely and inexpensively? My friend used UPS international, and said that it was over $100 everytime. If I have to I will pay it, but if there's another less expensive option, it'd be nice to have.

Thanks for your help in advance everyone, I appreciate it

Jesse

Edited by Nikolaib

08/03/2010 - I-129F sent to VSC, Re-routed to Dallas

08/13/2010 - Check Cashed

08/16/2010 - NOA1 Received (NOA1 Date 08/11/2010)

- Called to change Country of Birth from "Unknown" to "Ukraine"

08/17/2010 - "Touched" (assuming to change Country of Birth)

08/18/2010 - "Touched"

10/03/2010 - "Touched" (Part of the VSC mass-touch)

01/25/2011 - Flew to Ukraine to be with Mila after WAY too long a wait

01/28/2011 - NOA2 Email Recieved!!! (Nice to get it together :))

02/03/2011 - NOA2 Letter Recieved

02/11/2011 - NVC Letter Recieved (Dated 02/08/2011)

03/15/2011 - INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!!!

03/18/2011 - VISA in hand

03/27/2011 - POE - JFK

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are correct. Her passport and BC aren't needed for the petition, only the signed G-325A, the photos and her letter of intent, plus your stuff.

Of course, it's best if she gets the other things ready ASAP, especially if the wait time she was given is true.

Best of luck and get ready for the journey!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And don't forget that in Ukraine an "expedite" fee can make things that might take several months, take several days! When you apply for the passport, if they don't mention the fee, you can ask about it. But yeah, get started now. The USCIS seems to be moving very quickly lately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.