ericlrobinson

Visa-issuing Post

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dear Visa Journey(ers),

Today I received a letter telling me that our approved I-129f petition has been received by the National visa center, and that within a week they would be forwarding the petition to the appropriate visa-issuing post where the interview will take place.

That is wonderful, and the letter came more quickly than expected. Here is my problem.

My fiance lives in Cancun, Mexico. The closest Consulate to her is in Mérida, Mexico about a 2 hour drive. On the letter, it says that the case processing post is in Cudad Juarez in Chihuahua, Mexico, about a 2 day drive. On the origional I-129f we requested that the petition be processed in Mérida.

Any advise?

Is there a chance that the Chihuahua Consulate will forward the case to Mérida once they get it?

Is there someone that I should call?

Thanks,

Eric-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico that processes immigrant visas, or any visa that will result in immigration, including K visas.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Merida has stooped processing immigrant visas. Yes you have to go to CDJ. We are from Cancun, too, and had to stay in CDJ one week...and still counting !!!

I130

2010/01/16: I130 sent at US Embassy Mexico DF

2010/01/19: I130 received (UPS confirmation)

2010/03/03: I130 package returned. Asking for utility bills.

2010/03/03: I130 sent again at US Embassy Mexico with the utility bills...

2010/03/08: Received a call from the Embassy: I130 ok and sent to CDJ

2010/04/12: Received NOA2 by mail APPROVED on March 5th

NVC

2010/03/25: Case number assigned by CDJ.

2010/04/27: I864 and DS230 sent

2010/06/28: Interview... Approved !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.