jjjdddlll

The best way to send pictures in?

7 posts in this topic

Hi there, what have you guys used to send pictures in for the I-130?

All printed on one sheet of normal computer paper?

A album book?

Individually printed and in a bag?

etc....

Any help is appreciated on what works best for USCIS

You don't need to send any picture with I130 beside what the documents ask. Two copies of passport sized photo of your beneficieary. Nothing more. Don't send a album with it. Shesh. It doesn't ask for album. Seriously, follow the direction.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Hi there,

I had this same issue when getting my pictres together for our I-130 petition.

I haven't received my NOA2 yet, so I won't say what works "best" but this is what I did.

Originally I made a "collage" type document in photoshop, displaying all of our pictures beside each other in various shapes and sizes. Then, I read that the USCIS wanted to know when and where each picture was taken, and the collage didn't allow for descriptions to be displayed in a clear, precise way, so I had to come up with something else. (Although, since I'd already done the work, I went ahead and sent the collages in with my petition and just made a note on the back that the date and location of each picture is indicated on the subsequent pictures included with evidence of relationship.)

I decided to print each picture out on my printer using glossy photo paper (usually two to four pictures per page) from my local office supply store (Office Depot) and made them all roughly the same size and shape. I then used a two hole punch to make holes in each picture and used two index card rings to bind them all together. (Something similar to this Click here ) I had a TON of pictures though because I figured if they wanted "proof" of an on-going relationship, then I would give it to them! :yes:

I printed out labels with the date and location of each picture, and (because I am OCD :wacko: ) I even included a little description of what we were doing in each picture (ie. "vacation to Paris", "dinner with friends, and listed their names and how we knew them"). I stuck the labels on the back of each corresponding picture since, because of the rings, you could flip them like a book/album.

I'm sure I gave this effort WAY too much time, but it was kind of fun at the same time, you know? And I started doing the pictures before we had everything else we needed for the petition, so I wasn't in a big hurry to send it off. If you are ready to send in your petition though, I would spend as little time and energy on this as possible and just send that thing off! The waiting is awful, so the quicker you get it in, the better! Just make sure to write the date and location of whatever pictures you submit, and then how you put them together is really up to you!

GOOD LUCK!

PS. Sorry for the novel! HA! :lol:

Edited by Jess&Daniel

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi there, what have you guys used to send pictures in for the I-130?

All printed on one sheet of normal computer paper?

A album book?

Individually printed and in a bag?

etc....

Any help is appreciated on what works best for USCIS

Print them out-we did six to a page with a couple of big ones. There is no need to make it fancy, the pictures are what counts. And while pictures may not be necessary, you do have to show proof of a relationship, which pictures can do (probably in combination with other things). I really don't know why you would not send them in like some may suggest...it is better to overdue things than underdue and it should only take about 10 minutes to pick out 30 good pictures. For some consulates, front loading can be a great help, so by all means send them in.

You don't need to send any picture with I130 beside what the documents ask. Two copies of passport sized photo of your beneficieary. Nothing more. Don't send a album with it. Shesh. It doesn't ask for album. Seriously, follow the direction.

Evidence of a bonafide marriage.

Edited by jjjdddlll

Hi there,

I had this same issue when getting my pictres together for our I-130 petition.

I haven't received my NOA2 yet, so I won't say what works "best" but this is what I did.

Originally I made a "collage" type document in photoshop, displaying all of our pictures beside each other in various shapes and sizes. Then, I read that the USCIS wanted to know when and where each picture was taken, and the collage didn't allow for descriptions to be displayed in a clear, precise way, so I had to come up with something else. (Although, since I'd already done the work, I went ahead and sent the collages in with my petition and just made a note on the back that the date and location of each picture is indicated on the subsequent pictures included with evidence of relationship.)

I decided to print each picture out on my printer using glossy photo paper (usually two to four pictures per page) from my local office supply store (Office Depot) and made them all roughly the same size and shape. I then used a two hole punch to make holes in each picture and used two index card rings to bind them all together. (Something similar to this Click here ) I had a TON of pictures though because I figured if they wanted "proof" of an on-going relationship, then I would give it to them! :yes:

I printed out labels with the date and location of each picture, and (because I am OCD :wacko: ) I even included a little description of what we were doing in each picture (ie. "vacation to Paris", "dinner with friends, and listed their names and how we knew them"). I stuck the labels on the back of each corresponding picture since, because of the rings, you could flip them like a book/album.

I'm sure I gave this effort WAY too much time, but it was kind of fun at the same time, you know? And I started doing the pictures before we had everything else we needed for the petition, so I wasn't in a big hurry to send it off. If you are ready to send in your petition though, I would spend as little time and energy on this as possible and just send that thing off! The waiting is awful, so the quicker you get it in, the better! Just make sure to write the date and location of whatever pictures you submit, and then how you put them together is really up to you!

GOOD LUCK!

PS. Sorry for the novel! HA! :lol:

Such great tips, thanks for the story. Good luck, hope you get a response soon. Thanks to you two who replied.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I printed out 10 pictures of us in various different places and a few of our wedding. I labeled them with brief descriptions and dates on the back, put them in a baggy and paper clipped it to a piece of paper. That worked fine for me! good luck

Marriage : 2010-01-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-22

I-130 NOA2: 2010-04-29

NVC Received : 2010-05-03

3032/I-864 Bill 2010-05-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-05-12

CompleteDS-3032 2010-05-07

Receive IV Bill 2010-05-07

Pay IV Bill : 2010-05-07

Interview: 2011-04-28 ;)

Visa Received: 2011-06-27

POE (SFO): 2011-12-27

SSN: 2012-1-4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.