6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello Everyone, :help:

INS has scheduled interview for my wife and me, for AOS from K-3, it appears they are asking for original doc's already given before the K-3 was issued in China. I sent copies to Chicago. Any Idea how to get the orignials sent to the local INS office? OR are they looking for other things at the interview? ie to prove we have a relationship "true marriage" any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you should have a coversheet letter thingie with notice of the appointment date.

IN THAT LETTER

is a list of things, with special coding on it,

one thing per line, one bit of coding on each thing

with a list of codes at the bottom.

whaddya got ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm a little confused, did you send originals with your AOS application?

No the orginals were given to the consulate in China, I sent copies with the AOS. I had the impression they would send the orignals from China to Chicago. I guess I should try and get another "set" of original documents. Birth, Marriage, Divorce, all originals were given in China to get the K-3 visa.

Thanks

Edited by CFI

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There is rumour that the originals that travelled with the casefile from Guangzhou -

are IN the casefile at the Immigration Officer's Desk. Is good rumour, really, as yer lass hand carried the visa packet ( containing all the originals, btw ) on the plane, gave it to Immigration at the POE, and it then magically was sent off somewhere in the USA, with it's final destination to be the local USCIS office.

I say bring 3 sets of COPIES - and then ask the IO for your originals to be returned to you, swapping paper at his / her desk.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.