venassa

AFTER NOA2

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI there,

Im waiting for the NOA2 (Got NOA1 June 1st so im guessing ill receive the NOA2 in late august/ early September.

Question : Once I get the NOA2 how long is the wait for an interview....

I thought the ENTIRE process from NOA1 to interview (in montreal) was 5-6 months...but it seams it will take around 5 months AFTER the NOA2 is received...is that correct on guestimates?

so the ENTIRE process isnt 5-6 months...its more like 9 months!???

I have to give my work 3 MONTHS notice...I was going to give them notice in September thinking i would have my visa in December....now this seams unrealistic... :(

Timeline

HI there,

Im waiting for the NOA2 (Got NOA1 June 1st so im guessing ill receive the NOA2 in late august/ early September.

I thought the ENTIRE process from NOA1 to interview (in montreal) was 5-6 months...but it seams it will take around 5 months AFTER the NOA2 is received...is that correct on guestimates?

I have to give my work 3 MONTHS notice...I was going to give them notice in September thinking i would have my visa in December....now this seams unrealistic... :(

I'd say the entire process is realistically around 8-9 months. You'll also want to account for summer vacations and Christmas vacations. Historically there have not been that many interviews in December, or at least that's what I've noticed in general.

My NOA1 back in June 2008 was almost identical to you and I got my NOA 2 at the end of October and then my interview was in March 2009. It's always safer to guestimate longer, as opposed to shorter to avoid the disappointment and better plan your move. You have 6 months to use your visa once you are approved.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'd say the entire process is realistically around 8-9 months. You'll also want to account for summer vacations and Christmas vacations. Historically there have not been that many interviews in December, or at least that's what I've noticed in general.

My NOA1 back in June 2008 was almost identical to you and I got my NOA 2 at the end of October and then my interview was in March 2009. It's always safer to guestimate longer, as opposed to shorter to avoid the disappointment and better plan your move. You have 6 months to use your visa once you are approved.

Thank you, Im just planing to leave the same week I get my visa...thats why.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You should plan on a minimum of a 3-4 month wait after you get your NOA2. Also, they mail the visa to you, you have to take a pre-paid expresspost envelope with you to the interview (the biggest one they sell).

The interview might not be the end of the initial immigration process. If they ask you for any additional documentation, it can take several weeks for them to issue the visa, after you return the information they have requested.

It can sometimes take a week or two to receive your passport with visa/paperwork back, even if they don't ask for additional information. Just thought I would mention all this in case you were going to make travel plans around that date.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

You should plan on a minimum of a 3-4 month wait after you get your NOA2. Also, they mail the visa to you, you have to take a pre-paid expresspost envelope with you to the interview (the biggest one they sell).

The interview might not be the end of the initial immigration process. If they ask you for any additional documentation, it can take several weeks for them to issue the visa, after you return the information they have requested.

It can sometimes take a week or two to receive your passport with visa/paperwork back, even if they don't ask for additional information. Just thought I would mention all this in case you were going to make travel plans around that date.

Good info Trail.

Definitely give yourself time after the inteview to get your actual visa (sometimes it can take a couple weeks).

You should get 6-8 weeks notice for your interview, so you can always give notice around that date. You may end up working a week or two longer than you hope, but at the end of the day an extra 2 weeks or so won't make or break things!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you, Im just planing to leave the same week I get my visa...thats why.

Honestly, you'll know when you're leaving (assuming you're approved)...once they tell you and interview date. Based on the assumption of approval, you'll be able to make last day plans.

Encourage you to read the guides and look at people's timelines....having expectations based on them will give you better peace of mind.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I *wish* the entire process had been *only* 9 months for us. At this point I'm *hoping* to have everything done in a total of about 11 months--and that will depend on my getting an August interview, which I have not yet have word of. I do think I've been unlucky in some respects...but I've *never* had an RFE or anything, and I have a totally uncomplicated case. So it really has been pure bad luck, nothing that could have been forseen or prevented.

I think it's best to expect the process to take about a year, and then just be pleased if it ends up being shorter.

C.

HI there,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I *wish* the entire process had been *only* 9 months for us. At this point I'm *hoping* to have everything done in a total of about 11 months--and that will depend on my getting an August interview, which I have not yet have word of. I do think I've been unlucky in some respects...but I've *never* had an RFE or anything, and I have a totally uncomplicated case. So it really has been pure bad luck, nothing that could have been forseen or prevented.

I think it's best to expect the process to take about a year, and then just be pleased if it ends up being shorter.

C.

May be helpful to note the OP's visa type is K1, which is different

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I've been looking around but haven't seen a clear answer, is the wait for an interview different dependant on the Visa type? We should be getting out NOA2 any time now and were hoping the weather would still be warm for North New York to get married in!

I dislike how the Montreal consulate seems to be one of the slower ones... I mean we are RIGHT next door!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.