venassa

How long...im confused ....

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I think Im freaking myself out and getting confused. I was under the impression that the ENTIRE process from NOA1 to getting the visa in hand is 5-6 months is this right or is it 5-6 months from NOA1 to NOA2? My American Fiancee received our Noa1 on June 1st 2010. So I was estimating that we will receive our NOA2 sometime in September and I would get the visa before the new year. I have to give my work 3 months notice...so I was thinking of giving it in September...but now im not sure....help please...

and on my thime line is says "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 7, 2010 and August 17, 2010*.

Adjusted? what does that mean? I thought I was just waiting for the NOA2...?

Thanks for your help, God Bless

Edited by venassa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I think Im freaking myself out and getting confused. I was under the impression that the ENTIRE process from NOA1 to getting the visa in hand is 5-6 months is this right or is it 5-6 months from NOA1 to NOA2? My American Fiancee received our Noa1 on June 1st 2010. So I was estimating that we will receive our NOA2 sometime in September and I would get the visa before the new year. I have to give my work 3 months notice...so I was thinking of giving it in September...but now im not sure....help please...

and on my thime line is says "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 7, 2010 and August 17, 2010*.

Adjusted? what does that mean? I thought I was just waiting for the NOA2...?

Thanks for your help, God Bless

Since each consulates processing time is very different... the "guesstimates" for processing time is what is common for everyone which is the USCIS part of the process or NOA1 to NOA2. 5-6 mos. is the "official" line. The USCIS speeds up and slows down all the time. Your "guesstimate" is based on actual VJ member results over a recent timeframe (this assumes members accurately report)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Since each consulates processing time is very different... the "guesstimates" for processing time is what is common for everyone which is the USCIS part of the process or NOA1 to NOA2. 5-6 mos. is the "official" line. The USCIS speeds up and slows down all the time. Your "guesstimate" is based on actual VJ member results over a recent timeframe (this assumes members accurately report)

So I may only receive my NOA2 in November/December... when I look at peoples timelines at the Cali. service center they all seam to have their actual visas within 6 months... this is why im lost....

Timeline

So I may only receive my NOA2 in November/December... when I look at peoples timelines at the Cali. service center they all seam to have their actual visas within 6 months... this is why im lost....

According to recent trends, the NOA2 is probably mid to late August..... If you are then interviewing in Montreal, you have a long wait after that, as Montreal is a very slow consulate

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

According to recent trends, the NOA2 is probably mid to late August..... If you are then interviewing in Montreal, you have a long wait after that, as Montreal is a very slow consulate

ok thank you! Yes, im interviewing in Montreal...long wait...like 3-4 months? after the interview and if im approved its only a couple weeks till you get the visa correct?....So I can still "guesstimate" to be in the US on my visa in Mid December? (Thats what ive been telling myself...)

Timeline

ok thank you! Yes, im interviewing in Montreal...long wait...like 3-4 months? after the interview and if im approved its only a couple weeks till you get the visa correct?....So I can still "guesstimate" to be in the US on my visa in Mid December? (Thats what ive been telling myself...)

Probably best to "motor" on over to the Canadian Regional Forum... many experienced members there who are just ahead of you in line who are also interviewing in MTL.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are June 1st too..welcome to the hurry up and wait crowd! :blush:

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Welcome to VJ! The link listed below is for the regional forum for Canada. There are several threads pertaining to K-1 visas, you might want to check them out. Since all embassies are different, it might give you a better perspective on what to expect from Montreal. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The K-1 visa process usually takes between 6 to 9 months. Sometimes it takes shorter or longer, but 6 to 9 months is the average.

Please note that your K-1 visa is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.

Mine was issued on Jan 24th and I didn't use it until March 14th.

Hope that helped! :star:

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.