kandl133

The GZO shortcut -

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello fellow migrators,

This one is for the always helpful and informative Darnell.

Since, for the moment, it seems as if my K3 is wiggling its way to NVC, I have taken some of your previous advice and began reading up on your GZO shortcut.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

However, a look at step #2 in the link below from the GZO website seems to throw a wrench into the shortcut timeline. A 3-4 month wrench....

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_k3/k4.html

Any thoughts....and what if her response to P3 arrives at GZO before P3 is sent ? ....also any further advice.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello fellow migrators,

This one is for the always helpful and informative Darnell.

Since, for the moment, it seems as if my K3 is wiggling its way to NVC, I have taken some of your previous advice and began reading up on your GZO shortcut.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

However, a look at step #2 in the link below from the GZO website seems to throw a wrench into the shortcut timeline. A 3-4 month wrench....

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_k3/k4.html

Any thoughts....and what if her response to P3 arrives at GZO before P3 is sent ? ....also any further advice.

What's the status of your I-130? Are you sure it was your I-129F that was approved? Your timeline makes no sense.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That step 2 = 'Dead Zone Time' for waiting.

Welcome to GUZ IV !

Now - about the P3 OUT date -

That's the date that the Packet 3 was 'tagged' into the mailroom to go out.

But it never goes out that day.

'It' still has to be 'generated' into the packet 3 - there's a bevy of clerks that do that, on a schedule. It could take another 1 to 7 days before it's sealed up, and then sits in another queue to go OUT of the mailroom, to be picked up by China Post / EMS. Figure another 1 to 3 days to wait for China Post / EMS, as well. IF the China Post Truck is full that day with half a load of stuff from GUZ IV, the other half is picked up next day at GUZ IV mailroom.

Then it's got to arrive at yer lass' address. Figure 2 to 10 days for that, depending on WHERE she is.

So, how to know 'Packet 3 sent' date? Call DoS Hotline (# in my my profile), get a Human, inquire for casefile status.

There's some timing issues, as well. When a NVC Tele-Operator says the casefile has left, call back a week later to NVC, and inquire it was 'shipped[ via:

--SAFEILE ONLY or

--DHL and SAFEFILE

Start calling DOS Hotline 2 weeks after NVC says it left - as you have 50/50 chance of the casefile getting sent out via SAFEFILE system, solely; this bypasses DHL and the China 'Paper Warehouse Wait'. Call Once a Week - you are looking for Casefile Opened status at DoS. IF you get 'CaseFile Opened' within 3 weeks of the date that NVC says it left NVC, then is good sign that SAFEFILE was used.

Or yer calling once a week for 3 months, until Dos Hotline Human says 'Casefile Opened'. This is a 'physical file' thing, regardless of how it was sent - GUZ IV takes the casefile, and puts it in a file folder (either from printing it off of the SAFEFILE SYSTEM or via DHL delivery).

Once you get 'CaseFile Opened' status - it's 1 to 5 weeks before the status changes to 'Packet 3 Sent'. Suggest you call DoS Hotline once every 2 days once you get 'CaseFile Opened' status - ya never know - a miracle could happend and GUZ IV could 'go fast' that week. It's happened before ;)

So - once you know the 'Packet 3 sent date' - you then send in yer own self-generated Packet 3 (or rather - yer lass in China does this - send it in via EMS, include EMS label inside the Packet 3 for the IV unit to use for sending out Packet 4 - this way - you KNOW the tracking # for the Packet 4, as well)

HTH !! If you have any more questions about it, hey - post some more ;)

FWIW, SAFEFILE is the mechanism that CR-1/IR-1 casefiles are sent over to GUZ IV unit, when utilising NVC Electronic Processing for China-bound casefiles - GUZ IV 'opens these' within 2 to 3 days of 'NVC OUT' date.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What's the status of your I-130? Are you sure it was your I-129F that was approved? Your timeline makes no sense.

push - agreed - but - have a gander at his prior posts, there's some basic explanation there.

This actually might be a case where the I-129F travels alone.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, Darnell, I would not be suprised that the other I130 shoe might drop any day. But, until then, I push forward with K3 - I need that stuff anyway. As a follow up, I am not a gambling man, so I did fax the expedite information to USCIS as they requested regarding my wifes pregnancy. Your last post was full of detailed goodness and I may have some questions about it later. Thanks for all your help again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.