9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I just wanted to share this I wrote a general question on June 4 to the Embassy with no regards to my case. Here is my question and the response I got today

To: Kyiv, Ask The Consul

Subject: reaffirmed cases

I am trying to understand the process of reaffirmed I-130 petitions after it reaches the Embassy. There is not any instructions regarding the matter on your web site. Any information that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for your inquiry of June 4, 2010.

As soon as reaffirmed petition is received by our office, we send the instructions to the beneficiary.

We hope this information will be helpful.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

The Embassy received his case April 29 and officially logged it in May 12 and to this date we have not received any instructions from them. I sent them a case specific question and got this response on June 8

We shall inform you that the immigrant visa case,KEVXXXXXXXXX, filed by you on behalf of Mr.XXXXX, has been received by this office.

As soon as the case is approved for processing, an Information Letter about the documents the applicant needs to update and submit to this office will be mailed to your husband postal address in Ukraine.

Nevertheless, we shall reassure you that your husband and you, as his agent, will be informed about all the changes in the status of the case.

Respectfully,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

I JUST FIND THIS A LITTLE CONTRADICTING. According to DOS this case has had no activity since May 12 when it was logged in to the Embassy.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I swear that the people responding to emails must just be contracted workers.. like temp's... with no clue as to any real answers.. and the only way they could ever get a real answer would be to ask a CO.. and even then they would not understand what the CO had said anyway...

I get the same fluff response every time I send an email... we will let you know... :no:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I swear that the people responding to emails must just be contracted workers.. like temp's... with no clue as to any real answers.. and the only way they could ever get a real answer would be to ask a CO.. and even then they would not understand what the CO had said anyway...

I get the same fluff response every time I send an email... we will let you know... :no:

I agree! I hate emailing the embassy, but there is not other choice. The embassy in Jordan doesn't accept phone calls on immigrant visas. :angry:

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Very few deal with phone calls anymore... My worst days are those that I have some interaction with the system.. its always the same bad news or no news...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I think these people love to make us wait. I sent the sweden embassey an inquiry about our case.The first since Dec. 14th when we were interviewed and put on ap. They never responded and it has been 1 week.

bridget

I think these people love to make us wait. I sent the sweden embassey an inquiry about our case.The first since Dec. 14th when we were interviewed and put on ap. They never responded and it has been 1 week.

That's where congressional inquiries come in - the embassy has to respond to them. Have you contacted your congressman/woman recently?

Whatznext - I feel for you. What's your next step?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

That's where congressional inquiries come in - the embassy has to respond to them. Have you contacted your congressman/woman recently?

Whatznext - I feel for you. What's your next step?

Well i called my senators liason 2 weeks ago. He is supose to be checking with them again on what is going on with our case.

bridget

Well i called my senators liason 2 weeks ago. He is supose to be checking with them again on what is going on with our case.

My husband's senator's office lost our file a THIRD time :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.