Alex.

Interview experience, Sacramento office

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I passed my interview on Jun 17, in Sacramento. I arrived about 20 min early and was invited in ten minutes before my appointment. The place was relatively empty. The officer, a very nice, older lady, made me raise my right hand and swear I was going to speak the truth; then she read the details of my application back to me, to make sure I had everything written right on my forms. Of all the documents I was asked to bring with me, she only looked at my green card and my drivers’ license. She asked casual questions during the process like “how did you meet your husband?” and “what does your husband do?” and things like that. She also asked me some of the questions on the form, such as “are you a terrorist”, “have you been a member of the communist party”, “have you ever been arrested?” Any “political arrests” in Brazil?” I felt like explaining that there is no such thing in my country but decided to just answer “no”. Then she asked me if I wanted to become a citizen. After I said “yes”, she told me that she was going to let the computer choose “very easy questions”. They were: “who is the commander in chief of the military?”; “name three of the 13 original colonies”; “what party does the president belong to?”; “what are the two political parties in the US?” “Who wrote the constitution?” Then she showed me a piece of paper where it was written “Who elects congress?” and asked me to read it back to her. On another piece of paper, she made me write “the people elect congress”. Then she said that I had passed the test and that she was going to recommend my application for acceptance. She handed me a piece of paper with the details on the oath ceremony. Then she congratulated me for passing the test and invited me out. The whole process did not take 20 minutes.

Naturalized USC

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

congratulations!!!!

thanks for sharing....

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Congratulations!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.