vopilka

case delivery from NVC to the Embassy

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Was wondering how long it might take for the case to arrive to Moscow? What was the longest span from your experience?

According to NVC our case was mailed from them to the Embassy on June 4th, my interview is scheduled for July 7 (!). So far the embassy hasn't received the case. How long can it take for them to get it? I mean, it's shipped by DHL and I have sent 3 e-mails to the Embassy and their response is always the same - as of today we don't have your case. The latest info is from June 11th. Of course, I sent another e-mail and am waiting for yet another response.

My problem is that I need to reschedule my interview for a later date, but they refuse to do so until they have the case. I am worried that I will just miss the interview and that will cause some trouble.

So frustrated!

Thanks!

We found that the embassy had our file for some time before logging it into the computer. Until your file appears in the system, the people who schedule appointments can't see it or schedule you. Don't worry just yet - it may just be a few days of administrative backlog.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As a data point, my application took 2 weeks to get from NH to Kiev and be logged in. (Last month.) As has been said, it is almost certainly at the embassy already, just not logged in. BTW, I tried to get a DHL tracking number from the NVC so I could know when the application got to Kiev but no joy. 'Other confidential materials are in the same packets and we cannot release tracking numbers for reasons of national security and the likelihood it would cause another Gulf oil disaster.' Ok, I paraphrased but you get the idea.

It usually takes no longer than a week or two.

And usually, you won't know your interview date until after they have the case. I'm wondering how you found out your interview date already? And wow, that seems fast that it was shipped on the 4th and you're already scheduled for July 7th. That's very quick. What's your secret?

Edited - just noticed you're doing IR/CR-1. OK, now that makes a little more sense.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys,

Was wondering how long it might take for the case to arrive to Moscow? What was the longest span from your experience?

According to NVC our case was mailed from them to the Embassy on June 4th, my interview is scheduled for July 7 (!). So far the embassy hasn't received the case. How long can it take for them to get it? I mean, it's shipped by DHL and I have sent 3 e-mails to the Embassy and their response is always the same - as of today we don't have your case. The latest info is from June 11th. Of course, I sent another e-mail and am waiting for yet another response.

My problem is that I need to reschedule my interview for a later date, but they refuse to do so until they have the case. I am worried that I will just miss the interview and that will cause some trouble.

So frustrated!

Thanks!

Unless something has changed or you have a special case, you have misunderstood something. The embassy schedules your interview. They can't schedule your interview until they have your case file from NVC. Where did you find out your interview was July 7th? Unless they have your case file, they haven't scheduled it yet.

Edit: This may be a difference between CR-1 and K-1. What I said is accurate for K-1. It may not be applicable to CR-1.

Edited by SMR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Unless something has changed or you have a special case, you have misunderstood something. The embassy schedules your interview. They can't schedule your interview until they have your case file from NVC. Where did you find out your interview was July 7th? Unless they have your case file, they haven't scheduled it yet.

Edit: This may be a difference between CR-1 and K-1. What I said is accurate for K-1. It may not be applicable to CR-1.

I have seen this many times before. It appears the NVC actually sets up the interview date.

One month from NVC to interview is a big improvement over what it used to be.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys,

So frustrated!

Thanks!

I've heard quotes that it takes somewhere around 2 weeks. I believe some individuals in the CR-1 forums know how to figure out the shipping number, or ways to see when packages are arriving. I don't have any information on how to do this; but again, check with the people in the CR-1 forums.

Everyone else,

CR-1 does not work like K-1. Vopilka is right about having the appointment date before the package arrives at the embassy. The appointment is also assigned roughly one month after the case is complete.

If you're still confused, look at the CR-1 process; we spend a lot more time in document processing at the NVC.

We found that the embassy had our file for some time before logging it into the computer. Until your file appears in the system, the people who schedule appointments can't see it or schedule you. Don't worry just yet - it may just be a few days of administrative backlog.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I imagine it to be somewhere in a corner at the bottom of a pile that is menacingly leaning to one side. And those officers typing away - NO! we do not have your case yet! Because instead of sorting through the mail we have to answer your e-mail the 100 billion time! :)

Thanks for the input

Edited by vopilka

It usually takes no longer than a week or two.

And usually, you won't know your interview date until after they have the case. I'm wondering how you found out your interview date already? And wow, that seems fast that it was shipped on the 4th and you're already scheduled for July 7th. That's very quick. What's your secret?

Edited - just noticed you're doing IR/CR-1. OK, now that makes a little more sense.

Yeah, as you're right, IR-CR is a little bit different in that our schedules are set by the NVC.

I've heard quotes that it takes somewhere around 2 weeks. I believe some individuals in the CR-1 forums know how to figure out the shipping number, or ways to see when packages are arriving. I don't have any information on how to do this; but again, check with the people in the CR-1 forums.

Everyone else,

CR-1 does not work like K-1. Vopilka is right about having the appointment date before the package arrives at the embassy. The appointment is also assigned roughly one month after the case is complete.

If you're still confused, look at the CR-1 process; we spend a lot more time in document processing at the NVC.

Thanks for the tip. I tried doing it and there were some cases that were shipped to Moscow around June 4th, but I am not sure if my case is there, too.

Thanks for the tip. I tried doing it and there were some cases that were shipped to Moscow around June 4th, but I am not sure if my case is there, too.

That is my understanding. You can in fact see that a shipment was made, but cannot really verify that your file was in it. Kind of a waste of time.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

That is my understanding. You can in fact see that a shipment was made, but cannot really verify that your file was in it. Kind of a waste of time.

I agree with you 100% - people shouldn't have false hopes that it was their case that was mailed but I can understand how desperate you can get after waiting for months and years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NVC transmits the case electronically immediately. The comsulate has the paper copy of it within 3 days. The consulate usually has it before you get the letter from NVC.

As Brad points out, when it arrives at the consulate makes no difference whatsoever. When it gets entered in the system is what matters. It takes the Kiev consulate, typically, 2-3 weeks to enter the case. Not sure about Moscow.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Big waste of time. The package is usually there before you get the notification from NVC. Besides what good does it do to know your case is in a bundle on the floor of the mail room?

You cannot take the next step until the case is entered in the system

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.