2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE!

i've been a VJ member since 2007. I'm actually filing for I-129F(K1) that's why I never get the chance to check this forum in regards of petitioning family members.

I actually have question about my sister's case.

We were petition by our grandma in 1991.

After long wait,,,,

Me, my parents and 5 of my siblings had interview back in SEPT.2004. But since my eldest sister just turn 21 (JULY 2004) that time, they deny her visa. And we are all got approved except her. We migrated here in US in 2005 and my mom submit I-130 (repetition my sister) in Oct. 2005.

My question is:

1. How long we have to wait until the NVC contact my sister for visa processing steps?

2. we have I-797 (NOA) received Oct. 2009 that says the petition has been approved. What does it exactly means? Can we call NVC to ask about the case?

Thank you so much!

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

According to the current visa bulletinthey are processing applications filed March 2000 for unmarried children of LPR's over 21.

I don't understand why it took four years for the petition to be approved but you will go by the priority date as to how much longer she has to wait but it looks like at least another 5-9 years. And if she marries that will make her in-eligible to obtain a visa based on your mother filing as an LPR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.