Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

growing a beard

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

My fingerprints appointment is coming up soon. I like to grow a beard and I trim it and take good care of it. Since my picture is going to be put on the green card, should I keep the beard or shave it temporarily? Or do they even allow you to have a beard on the green card?

kinda stupid question...


* Got married in August 2008

* initial interview in March 2009

* Green card received in May 2009

* Divorce January 2010

* I-751 filed April 27 of 2010

* Biometrics was supposed to be July 1st but I did a walk-in June 16 2010

* I don't know what's next

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England

Or do they even allow you to have a beard on the green card?

I hope so, ive kinda grown fond of mine :lol: As far as I know the requirements are the same as the passport http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo-Quality-Requirements.pdf and nowhere does it mention not being able to have a beard ( the chap on the right hand side looks as if he has a nice little tash going on :D ) . Someone with more knowledge im sure will correct me if im wrong. My K1 visa in my passport has a picture of me with a beard, the Officer in the london embassy certainly didn't bring it up with me as an issue.

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

There is no requirement that you have to be clean shaven for a green card photo. I've seen plenty of green cards with pictures of people who had beards and mustaches.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...