BinhJerome

Front loading Debate

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMO, send what is required of you. If you "front load", then do it with QUALITY not QUANTITIES.

If I was a CO, I don't want to go through mountains of evidence to verify something.

For example, I only sent in my ORIGINAL marriage license from Vietnam as proof of relationship...no picture of any kind, no airline tickets, etc. when I filed the paper work with USCIS and NVC.

Why? Because of the effort it took to obtain the ORIGINAL marriage certificate, I felt that it would suffice...and it did. I completed my journey in 8 months.

I had a friend send in his paper work the same way for a K1 visa.

His paper work got through NVC in 4 months and he is waiting for an interview in August.

Just put yourself in the people that have to look at THOUSANDS of applications a week.

The case that is well thought out will usually take less time and get approve...BOTTOMLINE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMO, send what is required of you. If you "front load", then do it with QUALITY not QUANTITIES.

If I was a CO, I don't want to go through mountains of evidence to verify something.

For example, I only sent in my ORIGINAL marriage license from Vietnam as proof of relationship...no picture of any kind, no airline tickets, etc. when I filed the paper work with USCIS and NVC.

Why? Because of the effort it took to obtain the ORIGINAL marriage certificate, I felt that it would suffice...and it did. I completed my journey in 8 months.

I had a friend send in his paper work the same way for a K1 visa.

His paper work got through NVC in 4 months and he is waiting for an interview in August.

Just put yourself in the people that have to look at THOUSANDS of applications a week.

The case that is well thought out will usually take less time and get approve...BOTTOMLINE.

I think everyone will have a different experience. Whether you frontload or not really depends on your personal circumstances.

We did frontload covering all of our known red flags.

• Jan 23rd, 2008 - Sent I-129F
  • March 18th, 2008 - NOA2 approval
  • May 30th, 2008 - Internview at HCMC - PINK (5 months pregnant at interview)

So, 4 months for us beginning to end. You just have to sit back and try to look at your case from a CO perspective.

Edited by b_weeks

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nice. My case was actually completed in 4 months too.

We didn't have the police report and that took another 2 months before I submitted.

After they received it, it took them 2 months to schedule the interview.

Is their such a thing as front loading items during the interview when they ask for specific forms? Or is it only at the initial filing?

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Timeline

Is their such a thing as front loading items during the interview when they ask for specific forms? Or is it only at the initial filing?

Front loading is done at the petition stage. I have never heard of anybody front loading at the interview stage because the CO's typically refuse any documentation you try to give them. Some people have gotten away with putting a timeline in the same stack of required papers and getting the CO's to accept it so I suppose if you count THAT as front loading, then yes it would work.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Timeline

We did not front load our petition, and were issued a pink "pass" at the first interview (see detailed post). We had some minor red flags, but there was not a lot we could have front loaded to help them. Also, when I submitted the petition, I had not yet found the beacon that is VisaJourney. When I first read about "front loading" it made me a little anxious, like maybe I should have done that - esp with HCMC & the seeming pre-interview decisioning process. But I also knew I had followed the directions & provided exactly what was asked.. no more & no less.

Petition to pink was about 8.5 months.

My general feeling is that you should follow the instructions & just give exactly what they are asking for. However, I could not say for certain circumstances I would not recommend a few extra documents. If you are at the petitioning phase with a solid understanding of the process & you know you have some potential & addressable red flags.. .perhaps addressing them with minimalist laser-focused front load could be helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.