Veronik

Losing Sleep Over This - What Would You do?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

So I need your help with something. I had my police background check done in December 2009, thinking the process with Montreal would be quick - haha, yeah,I know... :bonk:

Now I'm looking at MAYBE an interview date in August. I am completely TERRIFIED of getting into AP for some reason. Since I have time, I was thinking of getting a more recent background check done, even though in the P4 they say that one issued within the last year before the interview is ok.

Am I freaking out here? I'm losing sleep freaking out and thinking of things they could say are wrong at the interview and then being put into AP...

Thanks for your input guys, I'm stressing myself out with all this stuff! :wacko:

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't waste my money either! That being said if right now getting an updated police check is going to help YOU to relax and sleep better at night then get one:) But know that the one you have now is just fine. I've exchanged my Expresspost envelope once now because I was convinced there might be a bigger one. Nope there isn't I have the right one :bonk:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Thanks guys!

I was just worried that the interviewer would say like: 'well your police check being this old we'll have to look into it, and therefore you're in AP'... I would hate for that to happen when I have time now to get another one done....

100$ for peace of mind really (25$ for police check, 50$ translation fees, Xpress post enveloppe for translator..)

In my case, knowing how an*l I can get, I think I'll do it or my doctor will have me on tranquilizers...

:wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Translation!? Can't you go to an RCMP office to get the police check? (Unless this is a non-Canadian one you are talking about). I went to the Ottawa Police Department and mine is in English. I guess Montreal local police is in French, huh. That sucks! RCMP would likely have given you one in English tho there should be a local office somewhere nearby you!

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

No... well I went to the police station in Trois-Rivières and asked them if this is were I get one done. They told me it was for the whole country, and on the letter it does say in Canada...

I'll ask if it can be done in English, but this is Québec, and with our laws, I doubt they can do it!

Timeline

Interesting....though I'd ask at the RCMP office as officially there are National and are a bilingual 'service'. Quebec police are not they are provincial so they would be bound by Quebec language laws. Just guessing...

No... well I went to the police station in Trois-Rivières and asked them if this is were I get one done. They told me it was for the whole country, and on the letter it does say in Canada...

I'll ask if it can be done in English, but this is Québec, and with our laws, I doubt they can do it!

Canada is a bilingual country with English and French languages....Unless you are in Quebec :hehe:

I doubt that will give you peace of mind since you seem hell-bent on making up problems. tongue_ss.gif

Haha, I thought the same sorta, but mostly because of the anxiously calling DoS every day thing from the other thread. ;)

I cant even imagine the amount of Stress you are putting on yourself by calling daily VeroandChris :P

Edited by SupportGeek

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should be able to request the English form...if not, it is available here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/form/3584-eng.pdf Fill it in yourself (but don't sign it) and bring it to the detachment.

They should not be giving you grief over an English form you brought in yourself. If they do, just explain that you need to send it to the US government and would have to pay to get it translated. Therefore, they'd be helping you a lot if they just used the English form. I really hope they would not give you a hard time about that.

(Don't ask me where I work or why I know so much, haha.)

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Krikit and SupportGeek:

I guess it's that obvious that I was an ADHD kid, enh? :D

Thanks for the help, I'll TRY my best to calm down!

You have no idea how relieving it is to have people telling you you're freaking out too much about stuff, even though some people might find that annoying!

Who needs a therapist when there's VJ, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just like the quebec birth certificate i have you should be able to get an english copy. as long as it says national repository search your fine. i wouldn't worry about it being from december.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Just like the quebec birth certificate i have you should be able to get an english copy. as long as it says national repository search your fine. i wouldn't worry about it being from december.

Whoa ok hold on you can get a copy of a Quebec birth certificate in English!? ...I dunno. I tried to get it in English but because my parents registered me in Quebec in French thats the only copy they would issue me.... :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.