NovaLove

Letter of intent & Affidavit questions

4 posts in this topic

I HAVE SOME CONCERNS I RECEIVED MY NA01 AND I AM WONDERING BOUT MY LETTER OF INTENT.

I HAD NO I DEA HOWC TO WRITE IT SO MY FIANCE AND I WROTE IT HAS LIKE AN EXPLAINATION OF OUR STORY AND MENTIONED DAT WE ARE MAKING PLANS TO GET MARRIED AND BUILD A FAMILY SOON..

IF THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WOULD THEY HAVE EVEN SENT ME AN NAO1 IN THE MAIL BECAUSE I DID NOT USE THE

THE STANDARD WAY OF WRITTING THE LETTER OF INTENT.. :bonk: .. COULD THIS BE A PROBLEM ??

AND AS FOR THE AFFIDAVIT QUESTIONS .. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG WHEN THEY SEND THE NAO2 I SHOULD RECEIVE SOMETHING STATING IF I NEED TO DO AN AFFIDAVIT SUPPORT FOR MY FIANCE

AND ALSO THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW IF I NEED A LETTER FROM MY JOB OR BANK TO MAKE SURE I HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT AND THINGS OF DIS NATURE..

MY SISTER DID THE SAME PROCESS FOR HER FIANCE BUT IT WAS LIKE 10 YRS AGO AND SHE MENTIONED ALOT MAY HAVE CHANGED TRY TO SEE IF THIS IS CORRECT.

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS! :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are some fairly good guides under the guide tab at the top. The letter of intent just shows that you are free to marry each other and intend to do just that. Exactly what you need depends on your situation . If you are making a lot over the amount to sponsor you just need proof of income. If you are making less then you have to start proving it with money in the bank or assets.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I HAVE SOME CONCERNS I RECEIVED MY NA01 AND I AM WONDERING BOUT MY LETTER OF INTENT.

I HAD NO I DEA HOWC TO WRITE IT SO MY FIANCE AND I WROTE IT HAS LIKE AN EXPLAINATION OF OUR STORY AND MENTIONED DAT WE ARE MAKING PLANS TO GET MARRIED AND BUILD A FAMILY SOON..

IF THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WOULD THEY HAVE EVEN SENT ME AN NAO1 IN THE MAIL BECAUSE I DID NOT USE THE

THE STANDARD WAY OF WRITTING THE LETTER OF INTENT.. :bonk: .. COULD THIS BE A PROBLEM ??

AND AS FOR THE AFFIDAVIT QUESTIONS .. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG WHEN THEY SEND THE NAO2 I SHOULD RECEIVE SOMETHING STATING IF I NEED TO DO AN AFFIDAVIT SUPPORT FOR MY FIANCE

AND ALSO THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW IF I NEED A LETTER FROM MY JOB OR BANK TO MAKE SURE I HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT AND THINGS OF DIS NATURE..

MY SISTER DID THE SAME PROCESS FOR HER FIANCE BUT IT WAS LIKE 10 YRS AGO AND SHE MENTIONED ALOT MAY HAVE CHANGED TRY TO SEE IF THIS IS CORRECT.

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS! :help:

An example of the Letter of Intent form is here

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

I also attached a copy to this response.

After you received the NOA1 there isn't much you have to do but spend time building a stronger relationship with your partner. Once your NOA2 arrives, you need to complete the affidavit and get a letter from your current employer (stating you have a job with them and you make $$$ a year), also you need a letter from your bank (stating how much money you deposited in the past year), and also your 3 months of recent pay stubs and 3 years of tax returns.

Their are 2 affidavits (I-134 and I-864). The I-134 is very easy to complete and is usually needed for the K1 interview. The I-864 takes longer to complete and more evidence and its usually only needed for AOS but sometimes asked for during the K1 interview.

To be safe just do them both and prepare. When your fiance(e) gets her Interview Packet, it will tell you what form you need to bring. For now I would just complete them both and wait until 2 weeks before the interview date to get a letters from your employer and bank.

I had everything done 2 months before the interview but had to get new letters (dates closer to the interview). If you have any questions I'll help, I just finished the process. I wish you the best on your journey.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.