Visa4habibi!

my tiny little dream came true (2 actually)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone. Hope you're having a nice Tuesday. Today I finally got a piece of goat meat from a Pakistanian store and cooked it without a recipie in my trusty pressure cooker. I asked a guy who showed me what kind of spices to get, but he's not from Morocco (I ate a lot of goat my 1st visit to Morocco and loved it). Since them we weren' t able to get it whenever i was in Morocco with my hubby and i was afraid to cook it here just like that. But i finally did (and it's not cheap!) and it's even better than i remember. I didn't use the guy's recipie or the spices - i used the ones i've brought back from Morocco plus an onion and some random frozen veggies and 2 potatoes. Let me tell you - it's way better than steak and now i know why i've been wanting to eat it again for 2 years. :star:

I also fixed one of my non-working phone lines in the kitchen (that's been out for FOUR years!) by myself! Not that it's such a big accomplishment, but the wires in the house are different colors than they're supposed to be. So, i didn't know how but didn't want to pay anybody either.

Who knows, maybe it means something good, inshallah.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Oh yeah, I also got some henna today and planning on painting my hands and feet with it for the first time by myself - with my job i can't wear a hijab (never wore it in my life but Mohamed got me 3 of them my last visit even thought i told him i can't wear them or the clothes with my job and the neighborhood i work in). So i figured at least I'll wear henna .

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Oh yeah, I also got some henna today and planning on painting my hands and feet with it for the first time by myself - with my job i can't wear a hijab (never wore it in my life but Mohamed got me 3 of them my last visit even thought i told him i can't wear them or the clothes with my job and the neighborhood i work in). So i figured at least I'll wear henna .

What type of job do you work that doesn't allow you to? Henna is awesome... I found that it is more popular in Tunisia. Even some girls do it in the street for tourists for extra money :) I've also seen it done at weddings.

Timeline

I'm a Home Health Aid and my patients are very very picky. I work in mostly Italian neighborhood and there's a food delivery girl who showed up first time wearing traditional muslim clothes. She had to go to patients houses and they gave her lots of problems! I wanted to use another word, but didn't. So, after that she wears shorts and a t-shirt and no complains.

I can't do henna like the pros do it, i'll just put in on my hands and feet so they all look orange, lol. I've seen poor Moroccan women do it many times. I feel like doing something radical and making myself feel like i'm in Morocco at the same time since i can't go - still paying for my trips #2, 3 and 4.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Timeline

Icey, it tastes better than it looks!

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I'm a Home Health Aid and my patients are very very picky. I work in mostly Italian neighborhood and there's a food delivery girl who showed up first time wearing traditional muslim clothes. She had to go to patients houses and they gave her lots of problems! I wanted to use another word, but didn't. So, after that she wears shorts and a t-shirt and no complains.

I can't do henna like the pros do it, i'll just put in on my hands and feet so they all look orange, lol. I've seen poor Moroccan women do it many times. I feel like doing something radical and making myself feel like i'm in Morocco at the same time since i can't go - still paying for my trips #2, 3 and 4.

Tanya

That's sad. Religious intolerance bites the big one :angry:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

never had the goat...Said fed me lamb and it was amazing..cuz im so not a fan of it here or at least the way i have had it made here at the restaurant. YOu should have seen the henna Said's mother had for me. they rented this beautiful traditional gown they wear for the weddings and then a woman did the henna on my feet and hands. totally gorious!! I miss all of that so much and loved having it on me when i came home.

melinda

3/17/07 - WEDDING CEREMONY

4/2/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

4/3/07 - Chicago Received AOS/EAD

4/13/07 - Checks cashed

4/16/07 - Received NOA1 for AOS/EAD

4/21/07 - Received appointment for bimetrics

5/15/07 - Biometrics appt

5/16/07 - EAD Touched

5/16/07 - AOS Touched

6/15/07 - EAD approved

6/26/07 - Received EAD

6/28/07 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS: 3/28/09

Timeline
you can fix phone lines? how about cable wires lol cos mine need to be replaced. :)

Maybe i can, I'm from Russia - i can do anything, lol. Well, almost anything - 4 years for a phone line... says it all. But there's a lot of stuff i can do :D

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Timeline

"never had the goat...Said fed me lamb and it was amazing..cuz im so not a fan of it here or at least the way i have had it made here at the restaurant. YOu should have seen the henna Said's mother had for me. they rented this beautiful traditional gown they wear for the weddings and then a woman did the henna on my feet and hands. totally gorious!! I miss all of that so much and loved having it on me when i came home.

melinda

"

I'm not a fan of lamb - just not used to it - it just smells too much for me. But goat is fine. I couldn't wait to come back home to eat it again today.

And henna - yes, i had it done too. It was too annoying to wait and not be able to eat or wash my hands. My husband had to feed me and keep me from taking the henna off. Next day they did another 'procedure' on me - put vinegar with garlic and olive oil on my hands and feet a few times. I wont' do that again, but i could tolerate it for a couple of hours just to be different and it wouldn't last long.

tanya

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.