Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Hi, ladies

I hope everyone is well. I thought I'd pop in and note that Rachel's wee one seems to be getting ready to make her appearance (info via Facebook). Yay! Good luck Rachel! I hope you're able to barrel through without an epidural! :star:

Jewel, I'm sorry to hear about Roslyn's weight and related not-so-great sleep. May a robust appetite emerge soon! How is she otherwise?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I did indeed have my baby today!

Lynne - thank you; very sweet of you to say!

So 6 pm Thursday I woke up from my after-work nap. I was soooo tired, but I made myself clean the apartment, because I was planning to be away this weekend.

I scrubbed the shower, kitchen and bathroom floors, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned my makeup brushes, cleaned kitchen cupboards... It was midnight by the time I finished. Alex came home at this time.

By 2.40 am Alex and I are just drifting off to sleep... When I feel a trickle. I roll over, and it's a gush. I tell Alex I think my water might be breaking. I roll over again, another gush! I eventually leak over the floor, a towel, more in the shower...

We phoned his mother at 3.30 am and then began to gather things ready for the hospital. No contractions. We phoned OB at 4.40 am to see what he recommended and he said go to the hospital. We wait for Alex's mother to arrive, shower, she strips the bed and we finally head to hospital at 6 am.

Still feeling no contractions, so doctor recommends pitocin. This was not what I had wanted, but I was so tired already and figured I might as well speed things along!

I laboured with the pitocin for 6 hours, until midday. My MIL was fantastic, helping me to breathe through the contractions and giving me encouragement. My nurse was AWESOME! Turned out to be from the UK and was so sweet and lovely.

By midday I was reaaaaally having enough! The contractions were barely a minute apart so I was having no respite, my ankles were still swollen from all the cleaning I'd done the previous night, and I was so tired from standing, which was the only position I could bear to be in. So I decided I would go for the epi after all. I hadn't bargained on being so tired or using pitocin. The nurse checked me at 12.15 and I was 5 cm and fully effaced.

At this stage I was throwing up, ugh.

The anesthetist came along and inserted the epidural around 12.45 pm, while the lovely nurse stroked my hand and helped me through contractions while I lay down - such a bad position! Well, no sooner had the anesthetist left than I felt a strong pelvic pressure. I told the nurse, she checked me again and I was at a 10! I had gone through transition in just over a half hour. I had the shakes, but otherwise felt good.

I pushed for an hour and then Annaleah emerged! I must've torn badly because I felt goodness knows how many stitches go into me, but I haven't dared asked. ;)

She was born at 3.25 pm, 7 lbs 3 oz, 9/9 apgar, 19.5 inches long. :)

It's now 8.25 pm and I haven't slept! She is tucked under my arm, fast asleep, so I daren't fall asleep myself. I still have a catheter as the epi effects haven't worn off my left leg yet - I can't lift it! But otherwise I can't complain in the slightest!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

She's gorgeous - many many congratulations.

I know it's hard because it's so exciting and you just want to keep gazing at her, but try to get some sleep while you are still in the hospital!

Well done, Mama

Congratulations, Rachel & Alex! I hope you're all doing well and that your left leg has come back to life. :star:

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congratulations! She is gorgeous. Welcome to the world Annaleah!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Thank you ladies!

My leg did come back to life, and I'm also not too swollen from the delivery or stitches! The only thing I do have is tremendously swollen feet and ankles.

Annaleah is such a good baby! Well, so far, of course! She sleeps well, latches and feeds well, and only fusses when she is hungry or needs a diaper change. She's also great when held by others - I managed to take a nice long shower when my friend was holding her, and took a nap while my MIL held her for two hours earlier today. We are at home now and so far so good. She has a rash on her back but I think it is a heat rash; it's been so hot today and regulating the temperature has been tough!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

She's here!!!!! She is super cute, too. Rachel, you did an awesome job! Thanks for the recap, too. Hurray to you for lasting that long without epi. You hero. She is too too cute. Congratulations!!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Thank you!

Oh man can't believe she is three days old already. I managed to skype with my family today and show her off over webcam. :) We had a pretty good night and I managed to get some sleep - not a lot, but more than the previous three days combined! She is a super baby!

I'm sure you won't mind a photo dump. :)

My family's favourite photo of her:

annaleah_03.jpg

Day after birth:

meandanya.jpg

Profile:

annaleah_02.jpg

And a couple with Alex; she seems so tiny given her average weight!

alexandanya.jpg

^ My favourite! That was in the hospital, and he hadn't showered in two days, poor guy, hence the crazy hair!

anyatiny.png

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Awww! Great pics!

I'm glad everything is going well so far. That's awesome about the sleeping & feeding. Yay!

She looks like her lovely momma. :)

K-1

AOS

Timeline

AWWWW! Those pictures are so cute they make me want another one!! How did you catch the photo of her sticking her tongue out?

:D Glad you like them!

Julie - I do think she looks like me too, but she definitely has Alex's ears, toes and fingers, which really pleases me because he has lovely small ears (mine seemed huge as a baby!) and long fingers and toes as opposed to my short and stubby ones. :)

Jewel - she was doing it quite a bit, so Alex stood over her with his camera and took several photos in quick succession before striking lucky!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

OMG! I am so tickled for you two!! She has mommy's eyes. I hadn't even considered about skyping my hubby's parents and the excitement that comes from there, too. Aw, Rachel. She is so damn cute. You have got to be so in love! Dahh! I can't wait for my little guy to make an appearance. and NO! we don't mind photo dumps of AmeriBrits! haha xo

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Helllloooooooo???? UPDATES?!?!?!

Roz is finally gaining weight again. She is back in the 2nd percentile. We just bought our tickets to go to the UK in the fall. For the 4 of us it is just under $3k with baby sitting on my lap. Not sure yet if I will regret that. We will see!!!

Helllloooooooo???? UPDATES?!?!?!

Roz is finally gaining weight again. She is back in the 2nd percentile. We just bought our tickets to go to the UK in the fall. For the 4 of us it is just under $3k with baby sitting on my lap. Not sure yet if I will regret that. We will see!!!

Who are you flying with? I'm on my 4th trip home since Georgie was born - decided to make this last trip before she turns 2 in June and she can still be a lap baby.

Last trip was BA and we had one of the bulkhead seats with the little bassinet they provide. This time was United and the plane was empty so we had a full row to ourselves which was a bonus.

Not looking forward to the huge price hike when she has to have a seat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.