Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Applied for my license renewal at the end of January. In California it takes "up to 60 days" and you can't check the status for 6 weeks. Okay, fine. So I call today because my license expires on the 27th. "We have no record of receiving any renewal paperwork..."

Seriously?

Timeline

Oh California....you special special state...(I fear my future dealings with them)

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

Yeah, you should really fear the government agencies here! Actually the DMV has been the easiest I've had to deal with here. Losing the renewal was unfortunate but I went in and renewed it today with no problems (aside from waiting 2.5 hours lol)

Timeline

Yikes. I may end up having to go in and talk to them on my next impending doom visit (yeah, I'm going down for a visit next month, i got so discouraged with the lack of movement on my house...so yeah, even though I'm at the NOA2 stage...I may end up having to stall things at the embassy anyway...yaaaaaargh!), I have to figure out what needs to be done with my car...can we register it for california plates when I still have an AB drivers licence (since I heard they won't issue DL of decent length until after you get the AOS/green card...) and other shenanagins.

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Timeline

In other ranty news....Guess who called me last night?

Yep, the realtors whom told me I have no hope in selling my house at my price and we "ended our relationship" a week ago.

"Oh well I put in the request to have my manager take it off MLS but it hasn't come off yet, and there's been a request for a showing tomorrow at 2pm."

Well #######. Meanwhile, between dog and the fact that I don't have the lockbox anymore for the key...and yes, I do work...this 2pm showing just won't fly for me.

"Oh well you can leave your door unlocked."

blink.png Are you sodding kidding me? Told her she can try to get an after 6pm showing and if not, too bad. Might I also add, she was calling me from Phoenix, where she's on vacation for a week. (when she told me was historically the busy time for realtors...so let me get this straight. It's the busy time for deals and stuff, and you LEAVE THE COUNTRY FOR A WEEK???)

Well, that wouldn't fly for them. My word though, what idiots. ranting33va.gif

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.