1,431 posts in this topic

got my welcome letter in the mail today! interview was approved on the 25th of august!! now just waiting for my GC to come in the mail!!! :DDDD

anybody have any idea how long it usually takes for the GC to physically be in my hands?!

You should look at Junko&Martin's timeline/siggy - i think she got her GC in hand 4 days after receiving the welcome letter.

Congrats, btw!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Congrats on those who've gotten approval!!!

Since the day I received my GC in my hand, I've been sick... :crying:

I guess all the stress/worries were gone and I got too relieved and dropped my guard down too much lol

05/24/10 Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/02/10 NOA issued for I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 1)

06/03/10 Check Cashed (Day 2)

06/04/10 Received NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 3)

06/10/10 Biometrics Appointment for 6/25 (Day 9)

06/25/10 Biometrics Done for I-485 & I-765 as Scheduled (Day 24)

07/15/10 Interview request for August 16th (Day 44)

08/03/10 E-notification: EAD Card production & Touched AP (Day 63)

08/06/10 2nd Notification: EAD Card production (Day 66)

08/09/10 Received AP!!! (Day 69)

08/13/10 Received EAD (Day 73)

08/16/10 Interview Appointment (Day 76) -----> APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay :)

08/17/10 E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 77)

08/20/10 2nd E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 80)

08/23/10 Welcome letter received-Issued on 8/17/10 (Day 83)

08/26/10 E-notification: Post Decision Activity (Day 86)

08/27/10 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!! (Day 87)

ROC

05/19/12 ROC Window Opens

05/22/12 Mailed I-751

05/23/12 NOA Issued (Mail received per USPS tracking)

06/06/12 Check Cashed

06/07/12 Received NOA

12/10/12 Approved!!! (letter received on 12/12/12, waiting for the card)

12/17/12 10 Year GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

got my welcome letter in the mail today! interview was approved on the 25th of august!! now just waiting for my GC to come in the mail!!! :DDDD

anybody have any idea how long it usually takes for the GC to physically be in my hands?!

Mine took about 4 days!!!

It must be on its way already :dance:

05/24/10 Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/02/10 NOA issued for I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 1)

06/03/10 Check Cashed (Day 2)

06/04/10 Received NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 3)

06/10/10 Biometrics Appointment for 6/25 (Day 9)

06/25/10 Biometrics Done for I-485 & I-765 as Scheduled (Day 24)

07/15/10 Interview request for August 16th (Day 44)

08/03/10 E-notification: EAD Card production & Touched AP (Day 63)

08/06/10 2nd Notification: EAD Card production (Day 66)

08/09/10 Received AP!!! (Day 69)

08/13/10 Received EAD (Day 73)

08/16/10 Interview Appointment (Day 76) -----> APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay :)

08/17/10 E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 77)

08/20/10 2nd E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 80)

08/23/10 Welcome letter received-Issued on 8/17/10 (Day 83)

08/26/10 E-notification: Post Decision Activity (Day 86)

08/27/10 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!! (Day 87)

ROC

05/19/12 ROC Window Opens

05/22/12 Mailed I-751

05/23/12 NOA Issued (Mail received per USPS tracking)

06/06/12 Check Cashed

06/07/12 Received NOA

12/10/12 Approved!!! (letter received on 12/12/12, waiting for the card)

12/17/12 10 Year GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!!

I guess all the stress/worries were gone and I got too relieved and dropped my guard down too much lol

awww get better soon!!!!!! <3

Mine took about 4 days!!!

It must be on its way already :dance:

oooooo I'M SO EXCITED!!! nomnomnomnomnom <3 congrats on your GC BTW!!!! ^_^

GOOD LUCK to those who have interviews tomorrow! Fingers (and toes) crossed!

Thank you!

Aaah I CANNOT believe that our interview is already almost here! It still feels like we have another week left.

I foresee a sleepless night of preparing and triple checking everything! We will definitely post a review a.s.a.p.!

Good luck to everyone tha has an interview this week!

692186zjad3k7xja.gif

05/20/10 | Married!

AOS Timeline

06.16.10 | Package received at Chicago Lockbox

06.24.10 | NOA-1 Hard Copies received in the mail

06.28.10 | Biometrics letter received; scheduled for 07/15

07.10.10 | Request for Evidence letter in mail

07.16.10 | Touched: I-485 (RFE accepted, case resumed)

07.22.10 | EAD (I-765) Approved! - day 36

08.05.10 | EAD received!

09.01.10 | AOS Interview in Orlando, FL - Rescheduled

09.22.10 | Rescheduled AOS Interview - day 97 - APPROVED!!

10.02.10 | Green Card received!!

(View my timeline for the complete list)

Miscellaneous Timeline

08.19.10 | Applied for a Social Security Card

08.26.10 | Received Social Security Card in the mail

10.08.10 | Applied for unrestricted SS Card in married name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!

I hope you feel better soon! (F)

Thank you!

Aaah I CANNOT believe that our interview is already almost here! It still feels like we have another week left.

I foresee a sleepless night of preparing and triple checking everything! We will definitely post a review a.s.a.p.!

Sending you our best wishes on the interview. I hope that it will be a breeze like the rest. Looking forward to reading your review. :D

Got a 3rd notice about the EAD today. This time it was an email telling us that they approved the card and were sending us out the letter. We checked the mail again today and no card yet but I bet it will be here this week.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Hope you are feeling better.

Thank you!

Good luck, again!

Got a 3rd notice about the EAD today. This time it was an email telling us that they approved the card and were sending us out the letter. We checked the mail again today and no card yet but I bet it will be here this week.

Yup, that's the card they are sending out. Should be in hand by the end of the week! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry, since the average is about 100 days from AOS filing, and today marks about 60 days, I figure we have another 40 more to go for the Green Card.

So yes, based on that math, you should be getting your green card very soon.

Hey Kabhatti,

My GC has been approved.

AOS & EAD Journey:

Date Filed : 2010-05-13

NOA Date : 2010-05-20

Bio. Appt. : 2010-06-25

Case transferred to California : 2010-06-11

Touched : 2010-06-25(AOS & EAD); 2010-06-28 (AOS & EAD);

2010-07-09(AOS only); 2010-07-10 (AOS ONLY);

EAD card production ordered : 2010-07-21

Touched: 2010-07-22(EAD ONLY)

EAD RECEIVED IN MAIL: 2010-07-30

GC APPROVED & PRODUCTION ORDERED: 2010-08-31

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-01 (2nd production notice)

2010-09-03(post decision activity)

2010-09-04(welcome letter received)

AOS TOUCHED: 2010-09-04

GC RECEIVED: 2010-09-07

Timeline

Hey Kabhatti,

My GC has been approved.

Congrats!

----------------------------------

We're working on putting our evidence together today since our interview is in 17 days.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Thank God Today.I was approved

Interview centre....Irving TX

My appointment was 12.15pm and we got there 11.55am.Checked in through the normal security stuff and went to the second floor through the elevator.We met the receptionist and we gave her our appointment letter ,she asked us if we have a lawyer which we said no,she then gave us a pager and told us to have a seat.We waited and we got called around 12.55pm through the vibration of the pager.

A lady came round mid fifty and introduced herself as Mrs…………….We greeted her and she lead us into a corridor of so many rooms(offices).We entered her office ,she swore us in.The two chairs were very close to her desk and we didn’t even push it backward. Our hands were even touching the table.Then she started by saying,your Driver license ID,SSN,EAD and my Passport,we presented them to her.She looked at it and started asking the question,

How did you meet?? We told her we met online,she said where? Was it a chat room or eharmony? We told her our dating website where we met.She said she believed in dating site because she met her husband(a Gernan) also in a chat room.She also asked how long it was before we met in person and we told her it was 5days,we wanted to show her our emails during those time but said her head would blow off…..lol

She turned to my wife and asked her about my name,date of birth and place of birth,she turned to me and asked me about my wife’s too. She also said my wife should spell my full name and I should also spell my wife’s first name. Asked me if I am still in school and I told her yes,

She was very polite yet got straight to the point .She also asked us when we met? How long was it before we decided to get married?My wife kid’s name and date of birth,Asked me if I have any kid,she strongly asked me again.I said no.Also asked if I was married before and I said no.She asked my wife if she has ever filed for immigration for anybody and my wife said no.

She asked our place and date of marriage,how come we got married so quick?? What does my wife do?Also asking me about the NO NO NO NO NO NO NO question .I put our tons of photos almost close to 450 for her to take a look,she declined to look it jokily, that it could be faked or staged that she saw us as a happy couple right from the beginning that she watched our body language already.That there is no need.She didn’t even take any to put into our file.

She asked us if we have any evidence of co-mingling together and I opened my file,she was so amazed by her look on what I was pulling out. I brought them out and she said I should just give her all to make a copy of it,so I gave her all.She took the documents and our IDs,SSN,EAD and my Passport which she immediately took away my I-94 form,she came back in less than 5mins.She handed everything to us,I noticed that she took all the two affidavits from my wife friends and the two from my step-kids as well.She took away our email print out of our ticket and Sam’s club membership form

Right from the beginning of the interview we knew we would be approved because she said it indirectly many times during the questioning,she is so jovial,lively and easy to talk to ,so we felt so much relaxed and comfortable believing we are approved already.So the big question came that I am approving you for Conditional Permanent Resident . She gave us a form to know the rules governing conditional permanent resident that I am not a citizen yet and I shouldn’t fill or tick a box of a citizen.That 90days to the expiration, I should file for another form to remove the condition attached,also she said my GC would arrive in 2weeks that when I get it I should destroy my EAD card. So we had a hand shake and she lead us out of her office.

The interview duration was 20mins and it was just a mere discussion as if we were opening a bank account.

God really did the wonderful interview for us.What God has joined together let no man put asunder, even government or immigration can’t.I(black) came into US as F1 student for the first time in January 2010.I met my wife(white) online first week in March,and got married in May 21st 2010,just about 73days of dating, with just 10 people present ,no reception .My wife is older than me with 12yrs gap.We live together as one.All these shown red flags ,but God is great and we married for love and saw all through without any hitch.

06-03-2010 AOS package sent,

06-04-2010 package received

06-14-2010 3NOAs received

06-24-2010 Biometric Letter received slated for July 19th 2010

06-25-2010 Biometric done via work-in

07-30-2010 Interview letter received slated for August 31st 2010

08-04-2010 EAD card production order

08-16-2010 EAD received

08-31-2010 AOS APPROVED (88days)

This is a great website and may God bless Visajourney because it has saved us and many other people a lot of money.

Timeline

Got notice our EAD was mailed today... still no more touches on our GC yet.

Congrats! Hopefully there will be something soon about the GC as well.

My appointment was 12.15pm and we got there 11.55am.Checked in through the normal security stuff and went to the second floor through the elevator.We met the receptionist and we gave her our appointment letter ,she asked us if we have a lawyer which we said no,she then gave us a pager and told us to have a seat.We waited and we got called around 12.55pm through the vibration of the pager.

A lady came round mid fifty and introduced herself as Mrs…………….We greeted her and she lead us into a corridor of so many rooms(offices).We entered her office ,she swore us in.The two chairs were very close to her desk and we didn't even push it backward. Our hands were even touching the table.Then she started by saying,your Driver license ID,SSN,EAD and my Passport,we presented them to her.She looked at it and started asking the question,

How did you meet?? We told her we met online,she said where? Was it a chat room or eharmony? We told her our dating website where we met.She said she believed in dating site because she met her husband(a Gernan) also in a chat room.She also asked how long it was before we met in person and we told her it was 5days,we wanted to show her our emails during those time but said her head would blow off…..lol

She turned to my wife and asked her about my name,date of birth and place of birth,she turned to me and asked me about my wife's too. She also said my wife should spell my full name and I should also spell my wife's first name. Asked me if I am still in school and I told her yes,

She was very polite yet got straight to the point .She also asked us when we met? How long was it before we decided to get married?My wife kid's name and date of birth,Asked me if I have any kid,she strongly asked me again.I said no.Also asked if I was married before and I said no.She asked my wife if she has ever filed for immigration for anybody and my wife said no.

She asked our place and date of marriage,how come we got married so quick?? What does my wife do?Also asking me about the NO NO NO NO NO NO NO question .I put our tons of photos almost close to 450 for her to take a look,she declined to look it jokily, that it could be faked or staged that she saw us as a happy couple right from the beginning that she watched our body language already.That there is no need.She didn't even take any to put into our file.

She asked us if we have any evidence of co-mingling together and I opened my file,she was so amazed by her look on what I was pulling out. I brought them out and she said I should just give her all to make a copy of it,so I gave her all.She took the documents and our IDs,SSN,EAD and my Passport which she immediately took away my I-94 form,she came back in less than 5mins.She handed everything to us,I noticed that she took all the two affidavits from my wife friends and the two from my step-kids as well.She took away our email print out of our ticket and Sam's club membership form

Right from the beginning of the interview we knew we would be approved because she said it indirectly many times during the questioning,she is so jovial,lively and easy to talk to ,so we felt so much relaxed and comfortable believing we are approved already.So the big question came that I am approving you for Conditional Permanent Resident . She gave us a form to know the rules governing conditional permanent resident that I am not a citizen yet and I shouldn't fill or tick a box of a citizen.That 90days to the expiration, I should file for another form to remove the condition attached,also she said my GC would arrive in 2weeks that when I get it I should destroy my EAD card. So we had a hand shake and she lead us out of her office.

The interview duration was 20mins and it was just a mere discussion as if we were opening a bank account.

God really did the wonderful interview for us.What God has joined together let no man put asunder, even government or immigration can't.I(black) came into US as F1 student for the first time in January 2010.I met my wife(white) online first week in March,and got married in May 21st 2010,just about 73days of dating, with just 10 people present ,no reception .My wife is older than me with 12yrs gap.We live together as one.All these shown red flags ,but God is great and we married for love and saw all through without any hitch.

06-03-2010 AOS package sent,

06-04-2010 package received

06-14-2010 3NOAs received

06-24-2010 Biometric Letter received slated for July 19th 2010

06-25-2010 Biometric done via work-in

07-30-2010 Interview letter received slated for August 31st 2010

08-04-2010 EAD card production order

08-16-2010 EAD received

08-31-2010 AOS APPROVED (88days)

This is a great website and may God bless Visajourney because it has saved us and many other people a lot of money.

Big Congrats on the GC! kicking.gif Thanks for sharing the details of your interview. good.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

My appointment was 12.15pm and we got there 11.55am.

God really did the wonderful interview for us.What God has joined together let no man put asunder, even government or immigration can’t.I(black) came into US as F1 student for the first time in January 2010.I met my wife(white) online first week in March,and got married in May 21st 2010,just about 73days of dating, with just 10 people present ,no reception .My wife is older than me with 12yrs gap.We live together as one.All these shown red flags ,but God is great and we married for love and saw all through without any hitch.

Such a beautiful review and experience; thanks for sharing! Wishing you best in your future :)

692186zjad3k7xja.gif

05/20/10 | Married!

AOS Timeline

06.16.10 | Package received at Chicago Lockbox

06.24.10 | NOA-1 Hard Copies received in the mail

06.28.10 | Biometrics letter received; scheduled for 07/15

07.10.10 | Request for Evidence letter in mail

07.16.10 | Touched: I-485 (RFE accepted, case resumed)

07.22.10 | EAD (I-765) Approved! - day 36

08.05.10 | EAD received!

09.01.10 | AOS Interview in Orlando, FL - Rescheduled

09.22.10 | Rescheduled AOS Interview - day 97 - APPROVED!!

10.02.10 | Green Card received!!

(View my timeline for the complete list)

Miscellaneous Timeline

08.19.10 | Applied for a Social Security Card

08.26.10 | Received Social Security Card in the mail

10.08.10 | Applied for unrestricted SS Card in married name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.