Alex356

Wedding Planning

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So how is everyone's wedding planning going (after all, I guess, the whole reason for this whole visa stuff!)? Are you having just a civil ceremony or a whole traditional event?

My fiance and I are having a big event in September, and have most of the planning (church, reception hall, dress) done. I'm waiting to register for gifts until he gets back though :innocent:, and we'll also meet with the photographer and florist then...even though he could probably care less about that.

How is it going for you?

2005 Meet online

2008 Meet in person (with lots of visits to follow!)

December 21, 2009 Mail I-129F to CSC

December 28, 2009 NOA1

January 22, 2010 Official proposal ;)

February 24, 2010 NOA2 e-mail received. Yay, we're approved!

March 3, 2010 NOA2 hard copy received

March 6, 2010 NVC received

March 18, 2010 Packet 3 received

March 18, 2010 Packet 3 sent

April 22, 2010 Medical

April 23, 2010 Packet 4 received

June 3, 2010 Interview APPROVED!!!

September 4, 2010 Wedding in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ugh. It's almost impossible to do ANY planning not having any idea when the wedding will take place! I think once we get the NOA2 (oh please please please!) we'll have a better idea of timing. I thought at first it might be September, but this is really unlikely now. I would like to have it before it gets cold though because I want to have the reception outside, so really I guess I hope we can get him over here by November.

I have my wedding dress now -- well, I picked it out and I still have a couple of fittings. I still need to choose bridesmaid dresses, but I have settled on Wedgewood blue and cream as my colors. We're going to have the whole traditional thing. I need to choose a date soon though at the church though! I also need to start thinking about meeting with the florist in the next few weeks and probably I need a wedding planner too. I have started drawing up the invite lists and it's amazing how many people seem to "need" to be invited!

Oh god, this is making me nervous just writing about it! :lol:

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Hi, there's a wedding planning from the uk chat going, if you're interested: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/237258-wedding-planning-from-the-uk-chat/page__st__60

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My plans are this:

Dress purchased (but backordered)

His Kilt and such is hanging in my closet.

Annnnnnd....that's it.

I don't know when it will happen, I don't know how many people are going to come because I don't know when it is, and I don't know where I am having it since I don't know who all is coming.

Well, now that all of that is settled...I need a rum. YARRRRR.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

My plans are this:

Dress purchased (but backordered)

His Kilt and such is hanging in my closet.

Annnnnnd....that's it.

I don't know when it will happen, I don't know how many people are going to come because I don't know when it is, and I don't know where I am having it since I don't know who all is coming.

Well, now that all of that is settled...I need a rum. YARRRRR.

Our plans.....

We are taking his family and some of my friends to Hocking Hills Ohio. Its in the mountains. (Yes Ohio has mountains). We will be staying in a couple of really nice cabins and then getting married in a very pretty gazebo near the state park, decorated with flowers and such. Our dog Sammy will be wearing her finest pink bow as she too will be attending with us. As to a dress......I am so lost as to what I should wear. Of course he shall be easy.....dress pants shirt tie blah blah blah...men clothes are so easy. Still even so we should have a great time and it will be a memorable occasion for everyone.

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Our plans.....

We are taking his family and some of my friends to Hocking Hills Ohio. Its in the mountains. (Yes Ohio has mountains). We will be staying in a couple of really nice cabins and then getting married in a very pretty gazebo near the state park, decorated with flowers and such. Our dog Sammy will be wearing her finest pink bow as she too will be attending with us. As to a dress......I am so lost as to what I should wear. Of course he shall be easy.....dress pants shirt tie blah blah blah...men clothes are so easy. Still even so we should have a great time and it will be a memorable occasion for everyone.

Giving till this Friday for any notice of NOA2 if that doesn't arrive Plan B goes into effect, a small family uber romantic in our small country church 6 people getting married nice dinner and going out on the town and then the BIG wedding in April (after most snow is over in Wisconsin) I already have dress, bridesmaid dresses, most details done, had a church, venue, dj and other things booked but do believe I will be canceling everything this weekend. BUT I will be with my love as soon as we get this damn NOA2 lol

OUR TIMELINE:

Met in June 2009 a silly little comment, that changed our lives forever...

I-129F sent: April 19, 2010

APPROVED October 27, 2010

MARRIED NOVEMBER 20, 2010!!!

AOS: Sent March 2nd

Recieved March 3rd

NOA1 March 8th!!! via txt

Timeline

Wedding... What wedding? The one that was supposed to be a week on Saturday (24th)? Scrapped, as i have no visa (yet) and have no idea when AP will be finished. :crying:

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Well, since we're hoping to have our actual wedding date in October--fingers crossed that's still a possibility--we're foregoing the big ceremony and just having a civil service when he gets here. We figured we could have a celebration with the family at our one year. If we can't have it by October...well, we'll see then.

So how is everyone's wedding planning going (after all, I guess, the whole reason for this whole visa stuff!)? Are you having just a civil ceremony or a whole traditional event?

My fiance and I are having a big event in September, and have most of the planning (church, reception hall, dress) done. I'm waiting to register for gifts until he gets back though :innocent:, and we'll also meet with the photographer and florist then...even though he could probably care less about that.

How is it going for you?

We're hoping to have our civil ceremony on October 26, which is our anniversary. It would be nice to make that our wedding anniversary too! But fingers crossed and all, it all depends on how soon we get our interview date and whether or not we get the visa then. Ideally, we'd have a civil ceremony, me in a cute dress and him in a suit, dinner and drinks and a night or two in a hotel, and then maybe six months later, a big wedding or reception so that all our family and friends from far away can fly in and be there. I have a feeling I might be tempted to just let the civil ceremony be the big day though... wedding planning does my head in. It's hectic and stressful enough doing the visa game, I can't imagine if I was trying to think about centerpieces or flowers or something at the same time!

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Wedding... What wedding? The one that was supposed to be a week on Saturday (24th)? Scrapped, as i have no visa (yet) and have no idea when AP will be finished.

Yeah ours was supposed to be August 21 and we've had a lot of problems getting things wrapped up on the UK side of it, so it looks like we're going to have to push it back til October...I feel your pain.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.