Sam & Pete

Canadian Long From Birth Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I have all my paperwork together and was going through it, double and triple checking. And I got to my birth certificate. It's a long form birth certificate that I had ordered a few years back because I had needed it for something else and only had the little wallet card. Anyway, so it's the original copy that I received from the vital statistic people a few years ago, lists all my info, my parents info, and the date it was issued to me, etc. The reason I'm freaking out a bit is I'm wondering if this is ok to submit or if they will want a certified copy of my original birth certificate. The one I have is on fancy paper and has watermarks and the whole nine yards, but there is no "raised" seal or stamp on it. It looks like this: http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/births/certificate_lg.html

Is this what there looking for? I'm sorry for freaking out and if this is a totally stupid question, but I think the pressure has gotten to me!! :wacko: THANKS!

PS - I realize that I spelled long form incorrectly in my topic header but I can't figure out how to edit it!!Oh man, I really have lost it. :D

Edited by Sam & Pete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, wouldn't you really be freaking out if you didn't have a copy at all? That's what I assumed when I saw the name of the topic and I was like "Oh man that sucks!" Mine took almost a month after ordering to receive. :wacko:

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, wouldn't you really be freaking out if you didn't have a copy at all? That's what I assumed when I saw the name of the topic and I was like "Oh man that sucks!" Mine took almost a month after ordering to receive. :wacko:

Yeah, that was my fiance' who thought his wallet sized birth certificate would suffice until 2 weeks before the interview I was going through the forms with him and said, "No, the government wants the long form birth certificate." Thankfully service Ontario was able to expedite the birth certificate because we asked for it online and we got in 2 days. Anxiety removed!

Timeline

Yeah, that was my fiance' who thought his wallet sized birth certificate would suffice until 2 weeks before the interview I was going through the forms with him and said, "No, the government wants the long form birth certificate." Thankfully service Ontario was able to expedite the birth certificate because we asked for it online and we got in 2 days. Anxiety removed!

Wow, I'm shocked Ontario did something that fast. Without expediting, things take FOREVER. I forget how long my old marriage certificate took to come in, something like 2 months. It's ridiculous.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I'm shocked Ontario did something that fast. Without expediting, things take FOREVER. I forget how long my old marriage certificate took to come in, something like 2 months. It's ridiculous.

I received my long form birth certificate 4 days after applying online. They have a 15 business day or money back policy for online applications. It was great !! (L):dance:

Met online Dec 2005

Starting talking more Jan-April 2006

Started long distance Relationship June 2006

Engaged Aug 2006

Met in person June 2007

Filed for Fiance Visa (denied didn't meet two years prior)

Visited him Nov 2007

Married Nov 20 2007

Filed I130 June 2008

I130 Approved October 2009

Sent to NVC Nov 2009

AOS Check cleared April 2010

Visa Processing fee sent out May 2010

Money Order cashed May 8th 2010

Visa Application Send June 12 2010

Application Approved/left NVC Aug 16/2010

Consulate received Feb 8/2011

Medical Exam March 9/2011

Interview March 24/2011

VISA APPROVED March 24/2011

Visa received April 12th

Moving May 6th

103zhtu.jpg

Timeline

I received my long form birth certificate 4 days after applying online. They have a 15 business day or money back policy for online applications. It was great !! (L):dance:

Eh, those guarantees are never upheld in Nunavut (AKA land of 1-2 month long waits for NON-international mail). :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.