purpledonkey

manila packet p/u at st. lukes

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rebelheart:

Thanks so much for all your input! That really helps me to know what to do when the time comes. We dont have our packet yet either. I am going to start calling about 21 days from the interview and take your suggestions about being persistent.

Thanks

Robert & Lorna

01/22/2005 to 02/02/05-- Met Lorna

02/22/2005 to 03/29/05-- Visited Lorna in Tagbilaran

05/03/2005 to 06/07/05-- Built Room Additon in Tagbilaran, Bohol

07/11/2005 to 08/11/05-- Vacationed in Bohol

09/12/2005------------------ I 129F

09/14/2005 to 11/02/05---- In Bohol, traveled to Mindanao

11/09/2005------------------ 2nd NOA

11/30/2005 to 01/25/06 ----6th Trip to see Lorna

12/05/2005 Manila Case # 2005 822059

April 11th Interview date Yee Haw!

Passed interview on April 11th, got visa on April 20th and flew to USA on April 26th.

Now Iam touring beautiful spots in California.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just the Td (Tetanus Diptheria - adult formulation) cuz apparently that vaccine isnt available here

It'll be soooo great if i dont have to go thru another medical exam for AOS, hope what you read about it is true :yes:

Leeleebee:

In your last response to my question about immunizatios you said:

"anyhow after i got the MMR i got a piece of paper listing what other shots i need to get later, and MMR2 was crossed out so i guess that meant i didnt need it."

I am curious about the "other shots" that are needed? I was hoping St Lukes would send 'us' out with all the shots needed. But it really seems like they are just doing some basic minimum and really that means we will end up paying alot of money in US for the 'other' needed shots.

I did read that they will accept this medical for your Adjustment of Status Package. But you would have to get shot record certified by a Civil Surgeon.

Robert & Lorna

i dont know why suddenly it's so difficult to get the embassy to forward the packet to st luke's...when i went thru all this i got thru to the embassy the first time i tried calling (around 7am on a wednesday), call got answered after a couple rings, i was told my packet was gonna be sent out in 2 hours, i called that afternoon around 2pm and st luke's had my packet.

anyhow, good luck to you all still waitin on that packet. i havent gotten mine that was supposedly sent by courier feb 2nd but ive given it up for lost

:help:

Do you really even need the packet? I have all the forms downloaded and filed on my computer already. If you have your case number isn’t that good enough? I ask cuz I have tried and tried to call the embassy, 0116325286300 extensions 5184 and 5185, and have not been able to get anyone. I call at 8:00a Manila time with no luck and kept trying for an hour. My fiancée also tried with no luck. So is the packet something you really need?

:help:

Thanks. :whistle:

Hi andrewkonen

As my fiance always told me, its not the embassy will reach us, but we are ... so he told me to try harder, so even i was pissed off everyday regarding calling embassy only for the copy of packet.

My experienced is dat, 1st time i ring call center, bcos they are the one u cud rign easy, but my 1st request was sucked. I request it feb 13 and even asked me when i want to take medical so i said feb 20. I gave him 7 days only to furnished my request but on my shocked feb 20, i never got packet but i did proceed with medical having my NVC letter with case no. and downloaded interview date of our case # in embassy website. so when im in SLEC i request to pull out my packet to embassy, they even logged my name on pullout. But when i come back on 2nd day, they said no packet still bcos embassy holiday, so meaning the SLEC staff is not aware of holiday. and was asked again to come back yesterday but i didnt go........

instead... i col embassy directline at 730AM (5286300 ext 5184, 5185) but soemtimes they will tell u did col our call center no.???? tell them yes u did alot of times... bcos they will ignore u when their busy. Just keep bugging the direct line and asked to pull out ur packet to st. lukes..

im goign back tomorrow @ st lukes, told embassy im done with my medical without the packet, so they do so now and awhiel ago when i col them... its already there but i never picked it up insteas tmrow, after my son school.

I was so demanding to pull it out to St. lukes , bcos they have messenger rather than, waiting for courier that is late also, i never trust my neighborhood when it comes to courier mail ro packages. :whistle: and by the time of our interview on march .... my fiance will be asking embassy if they could mail my passport in his hotel and to addressed to his name instead, bcos he is coming with me onmy interview :thumbs:

this is my diary about packet pick up issues... hehehehhe got a terrible experienced :wacko:

-rebelheart-

Animated flag courtesy of virtuallandmedia.com

Hi Jeeleebee,

U had a swift packet pull out, bcos u col 7AM , as been told me the messenger of embassy alwasy go to SLEC 10AM, beyond that time when u request expect it next days if they do so or might forget it and u col again as wat happened to me. And never ring the call center, who has nothing to do about your request, they just encode request.

Regarding about medical exams..... when i get my medical results last tuesday, i was been adviced.....

Im bringing with me by carrying item in airplane the "x-ray film" for when i enter my point of entry immigration will ask for it and for u promptly need to show them the xray and the vaccine records. Thats why in SLEC it was pasted in every window that everyone was advised to do make recopies of vaccine records & medical results with you for future use of it.

When u apply for change name & status, u cud show everything that you've undergo medical and since medical is "6 months" validity that will consume from the day you got it till u fly, and enter US with validity to get married in 90 days ... and more couple of days for your processing AOS/EAD or else, u will undergo another medical check-up routines... but as my fiance says ... vaccines should be updated in US. but it was really expensive....

As for vaccine like tetanus ... i knew some hospital here privately or doctor has their tetanus vaccine ( i knew that because i am a nurse ) i injected some of that to pregnant woman. But diptheria is rarely injected here bcos it was really expensive and even private doctors find it expensive to have stock. But since only couple of days you will be flying after u got ur visa , its better to get it in US even expensive, bcos it was written & "noted" in your vaccine record that you should get itin US bcos Philippines doesnt give any of those vaccines.... theres no harm to be obedient :blink: just watched out for your budget :wacko:

regards everyone! :thumbs:

-rebelheart-

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Jeeleebee,

U had a swift packet pull out, bcos u col 7AM , as been told me the messenger of embassy alwasy go to SLEC 10AM, beyond that time when u request expect it next days if they do so or might forget it and u col again as wat happened to me. And never ring the call center, who has nothing to do about your request, they just encode request.

Regarding about medical exams..... when i get my medical results last tuesday, i was been adviced.....

Im bringing with me by carrying item in airplane the "x-ray film" for when i enter my point of entry immigration will ask for it and for u promptly need to show them the xray and the vaccine records. Thats why in SLEC it was pasted in every window that everyone was advised to do make recopies of vaccine records & medical results with you for future use of it.

When u apply for change name & status, u cud show everything that you've undergo medical and since medical is "6 months" validity that will consume from the day you got it till u fly, and enter US with validity to get married in 90 days ... and more couple of days for your processing AOS/EAD or else, u will undergo another medical check-up routines... but as my fiance says ... vaccines should be updated in US. but it was really expensive....

As for vaccine like tetanus ... i knew some hospital here privately or doctor has their tetanus vaccine ( i knew that because i am a nurse ) i injected some of that to pregnant woman. But diptheria is rarely injected here bcos it was really expensive and even private doctors find it expensive to have stock. But since only couple of days you will be flying after u got ur visa , its better to get it in US even expensive, bcos it was written & "noted" in your vaccine record that you should get itin US bcos Philippines doesnt give any of those vaccines.... theres no harm to be obedient :blink: just watched out for your budget :wacko:

regards everyone! :thumbs:

-rebelheart-

My Lorna is going to be staying in Manila after the interview and she is wondering if its possible to just pick up the Visa at the embassy? Because lorna is not sure if the address deliverable.

Really appreicate any input on this one?

Thanks Robert and Lorna

My Lorna is going to be staying in Manila after the interview and she is wondering if its possible to just pick up the Visa at the embassy? Because lorna is not sure if the address deliverable.

Really appreicate any input on this one?

Thanks Robert and Lorna

01/22/2005 to 02/02/05-- Met Lorna

02/22/2005 to 03/29/05-- Visited Lorna in Tagbilaran

05/03/2005 to 06/07/05-- Built Room Additon in Tagbilaran, Bohol

07/11/2005 to 08/11/05-- Vacationed in Bohol

09/12/2005------------------ I 129F

09/14/2005 to 11/02/05---- In Bohol, traveled to Mindanao

11/09/2005------------------ 2nd NOA

11/30/2005 to 01/25/06 ----6th Trip to see Lorna

12/05/2005 Manila Case # 2005 822059

April 11th Interview date Yee Haw!

Passed interview on April 11th, got visa on April 20th and flew to USA on April 26th.

Now Iam touring beautiful spots in California.

purpledonkey,

yeeeehaaaa!!!! got my intruiging packet 4 from SLEC this afternoon.. actually the only important paper u need there was the "appointment letter", as to my copy i saw there wat time is my interview @ the embassy & the medical exams schedule that should be March 9, supposedly 6 days before my interview. Anyway gladly i made it early, bcos my periods visits that week. :P

u cant really stop the scarry feeling going into medical, bcos as i remembered my last medical was when i entered college. You're not up-to-date with ur health specially nowadays virus is easily adopted if u have poor immune system in your body. buts its a normal feeling....to feel scared.

note: take a lot of vitamin C, multivitamins, and fresh milk :thumbs: actually i only done it on the evening and again morning of my medical schedule. :lol:

Goldwing777,

As i saw your interview date will be on april, until u didnt got your packet.. give atleast 21 days duration for your packet to arrive till interview. But you cud always request it to pull it out from embassy to SLEC since they have messenger to do that. sometimes they will asked you when u want to go for ur medical exams, when u answered that be sure to call embassy direct line 5283600 ext 5184-85, 7:00-7:30AM on the day u want to undergo exams or next day .. or else they will get lazy to do so bcos like my case i gave a week date but never happened not until i finished my medical.

Better call embassy dat early and do the medical at the same day u col or next day, becos messenger arrived in SLEC 10AM, and u cud go SLEC 10-11AM to start with ur medical, tell lorna its not necessarily to go there as 430AM to be early. since she needs to get the packet first and remind her before shes going to SLEC make sure that she will verify by ringing SLEC if they got her packet already in there before going for medical. But if shes persistent like me, she cud start medical without packet but be sure to have the packet on the 2nd day of medical... so she cudnt have a 3rd day visit just for the packet copy. ( i only do dat, bcos i never trust my neighborhood regarding mails and since all people in our house were students and workers, so no one to received it and now that i am renting with my son a unit in makati).

regards & goodluck to lorna!

-rebelheart-

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.