Cam

Passport problem

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The regular passport guy at the post office is in Russia. The new girl doesn't know much. I got my passport last Friday. Didn't see any blank visa pages, took it to the post office. The girl sent it back to the agency. I just called the passport agency, they said they don't usually add visa pages to new passports. Might run out of time before Oct 4. probably lose my plane ticket money.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Never heard of such a thing. No blank pages after your picture??? Just 2 covers and your bio page with pics? Where did they expect immigration to stamp your passport when you leave and return. Someone screwed up big time.

Unless you didn't understand those blank pages with numbers after your picture IS where they place the visa......

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Never heard of such a thing. No blank pages after your picture??? Just 2 covers and your bio page with pics? Where did they expect immigration to stamp your passport when you leave and return. Someone screwed up big time.

Unless you didn't understand those blank pages with numbers after your picture IS where they place the visa......

There was a lot of pages for visa stamps but no blank pages. Never did this before. Guess the girl at the post office hasn't either. 49 pages one blank page in the back in the admendments section.

Timeline

There was a lot of pages for visa stamps but no blank pages. Never did this before. Guess the girl at the post office hasn't either. 49 pages one blank page in the back in the admendments section.

Those pages for visa stamps ARE the blank pages, unless there are other visas or entry stamps already on those pages....and a new passport won't have that!

Too bad you sent it back already. You were good to go.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Guess I don't understand.

Those pages for visa stamps ARE the blank pages, unless there are other visas or entry stamps already on those pages....and a new passport won't have that!

Jeez You got to be kidding me.

Timeline

Sorry, but.........you were ready to go.

Oh well...... :(

Wonder how long before they send it back. The pages for the stamps is where they put the visa?

Timeline

Wonder how long before they send it back. The pages for the stamps is where they put the visa?

Yes.....

Yes.....

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No offense my dear buddy Cam, but how on Earth could you be so dense? What do you think all those pages between the bio/photo page and the back cover are for, if not for visas, stamps, and whatever? Those ARE the blank pages.

Good luck in Russia man. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

No offense my dear buddy Cam, but how on Earth could you be so dense? What do you think all those pages between the bio/photo page and the back cover are for, if not for visas, stamps, and whatever? Those ARE the blank pages.

Good luck in Russia man. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

Gee I don't know when they say to look for a Blank page, I expect a Blank page. In my defense the passport girl at the post office knew less than I did.

Timeline
Gee I don't know when they say to look for a Blank page, I expect a Blank page. In my defense the passport girl at the post office knew less than I did.
Relying on the intelligence of a postal worker isn't exactly something one should be doing.... (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

I'm sitting here laughing my ### off!!!

But, in Cam's defense, if you've never dealt with a passport before and just want to make sure that everything is right, I can see how you'd be a little confused about the "blank" pages.

No biggy though. They put my visa smack-dab in the middle of my passport. Now, every time I go somewhere, the people open it up and say "So you've been to Russia?"

Like AK said though, Cam... you're going to need some help in Russia! Russia is a place where you can't be "unsure" of anything. If you are, you're going to be broke, lost, and helpless, on the other side of the world! Even if you don't know something there, you're better off "acting" like you know, and going for it.

I know you've got a lot of questions.... please, ask us before you go!!! You should be 100% sure of anything that you have any question at all about BEFORE you go on your first trip. Trust me on that. Come on Cam, hit us with some questions. Chances are, there are probably more guys out there with the same questions that you have. And, there are probably guys on here with some answers.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'm sitting here laughing my ### off!!!

But, in Cam's defense, if you've never dealt with a passport before and just want to make sure that everything is right, I can see how you'd be a little confused about the "blank" pages.

No biggy though. They put my visa smack-dab in the middle of my passport. Now, every time I go somewhere, the people open it up and say "So you've been to Russia?"

Like AK said though, Cam... you're going to need some help in Russia! Russia is a place where you can't be "unsure" of anything. If you are, you're going to be broke, lost, and helpless, on the other side of the world! Even if you don't know something there, you're better off "acting" like you know, and going for it.

I know you've got a lot of questions.... please, ask us before you go!!! You should be 100% sure of anything that you have any question at all about BEFORE you go on your first trip. Trust me on that. Come on Cam, hit us with some questions. Chances are, there are probably more guys out there with the same questions that you have. And, there are probably guys on here with some answers.

OK I'll ask them as I think of them. 1st I read there is an airport shuttle in Kazan. My hotel (Ryan Johson Hotel) is a few kilometers on the other side of the city from the airport. Does these shuttle go to all hotels or do I take it to the city centre then take a taxie?

Timeline
OK I'll ask them as I think of them. 1st I read there is an airport shuttle in Kazan. My hotel (Ryan Johson Hotel) is a few kilometers on the other side of the city from the airport. Does these shuttle go to all hotels or do I take it to the city centre then take a taxie?
What happened to the girl who was going to pick you up?

First of all, taxis are a prime way to lose cash and get taken advantage of. Do not, under any circumstances, just take an unarranged taxi cab from the airport. You will definitely pay way, way, way too much - or worse, end up broke, naked, and in a ditch a long way from anywhere. The best way to go is with a pre-arranged car. Contact your hotel and tell them you want them to arrange a car to pick you up at the airport, and find out what the fee is. My wife says that last time she did this (year and a half ago), it was $25. Today, up to $35 is the max you should pay. For that price, they will pick up at the airport and take you directly to where you want to go in Kazan.

For what it's worth, this advice is even more important in Moscow, There, the pre-arranged fee from the airport to downtown is about $100.

Wife says that if you do NOT do this, if you are fool enough to just show up at the airport and look for a taxi, you will pay at least $100 in Kazan, and $200+ in Moscow. They know you are stuck and simply will not take you for less. Pay heed!!!

This advice is also for getting from your hotel to the airport. Try to get the same driver both ways.

Also, the pre-arranged prices include tip - do not pay the driver extra.

In Russia (as in Egypt, and everywhere else in Africa where I have been) it is absolutely critical to at least act like you know what you are doing and to have an aire of confidence about you!! Otherwise, bad mojo will come your way.

Finally, get yourself a copy of the Lonely Planet guide for Russia. You will need it.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.