sandcastle

Private wedding ceremony (AOS interview)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hello,

Our AOS interview has been scheduled for Jul 1st 2010.

My USC husband and I had a private wedding ceremony (eloped) without friends and family.

We decided this because his family was against us being a couple (I'm Muslim and he's catholic), and we

wanted a very private ceremony just for the two of us.

Are there many people here that eloped or had a small wedding without guests or no pictures with family?

We have a lot of documentation, pictures, etc as proof of marriage.

Thank you very much and god bless.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Our AOS interview has been scheduled for Jul 1st 2010.

My USC husband and I had a private wedding ceremony (eloped) without friends and family.

We decided this because his family was against us being a couple (I'm Muslim and he's catholic), and we

wanted a very private ceremony just for the two of us.

Are there many people here that eloped or had a small wedding without guests or no pictures with family?

We have a lot of documentation, pictures, etc as proof of marriage.

Thank you very much and god bless.

A big ceremony complete with pictures is not what constitutes a legal marriage. Getting married in the presence of a registered officiant and in accordance with the laws of the state you are married in, is. We provided no pictures of our "ceremony". We were married in my parents back yard with few if any photos taken.

YMMV

just include lots and lots of pictures of other celebrations and ordinary days of you together, rent lease, insurance copies, bank statements, and anything else that has both of your names

it's none of their business however you wanted your wedding to be-- simple or grand

besides, I'm sure you are not the only ones with such extremely private wedding

best of luck and get your PRC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.