14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I spoke to the VSC again today --- my weekly call and here is the information I mined from the call --- I try to stay positive but this bit of information is really doing its best to drag me down ---

I'm not very encouraged this morning after my weekly call to the Vermont Service Center --- I spoke with Linda today and she (first and foremost) told me to not call again for another 30 days rather sternly -- She said that this line is not for casually checking up on status and it was only for urgent items (to us this is urgent) I was instructed to check the website for status. But is it soooo depressing to log in and see the same thing everytime --- (no activity). I hope I am not bothering them too much - So, next time I will wait two weeks + until I call again ---

I told her that calling and talking to someone really helps get through this process and gives me the verification I need that it is moving forward -- and that being without your husband or wife and never getting anything status makes waiting this process extremely difficult. -- at that point she offered up some more information about what goes on once it gets to the adjudacators desk.

She said that every day the adjudacator gets a work order to determine which cases to process on that day --- there is no order like Mondays process one type, Tuesdays process another type, it all depends upon the backlog on that given day --- So, there are obviously not enough I-601s in the hopper to make a hill of beans worth of priority --- thus the long waiting periods --- so here is how it goes ---

1 - Case arrives at the desk of the officer/adjudicator

2 - He/she gets a work order for the day to work a type of case(I-129, I-601, and all the others) they will work those types of cases only on that day

If more information is needed, an RFE is sent --

3 - If they don't quite get through the case on that day, it sits unfinished for an undetermined amount of time until another work order is given to work that type of case ---

4 - When you get the information back to them on an RFE, it sits and waits for the next work order day for processing those types of cases --- thus the sporadic nature of approvals. I hate to say that this actually has some correlation to the reason it takes so long to process cases. You never get any status online unless they need more information RFE or they have made a decision --- until then you have no access to where the case is within the process ---

Now, I wonder if we sent way too much and the officer will try and go through it all with a fine tooth comb --- Oh Well, it is what it is. We sit, We wait, We put our lives on HOLD ---

So, we know that are others in front of us, so this could still be a while --- I am really down about this --- I have no vacation left, my hubby has no vacation left --- and the only thing we know is that hubby gets more vacation in December --- so he may be able to fly here to Vancouver to visit me or I may be able to fly there to visit him during the same time --- not sure what we will do --- I am really needing a support group right about now ---

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

02/23/05 - Met as Friends

09/29/05 - Married in Victoria BC Canada

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

01/09/06 - APPROVAL I-129F

03/23/06 - I-130 APPROVAL

03/23/06 - K3 interview in Vancouver, Canada

03/23/06 - K3 denied due to CMIT 23 years prior

03/23/06 - i-601 Waiver Submitted

04/07/06 - NOA1 for I-601 Waiver received

10/18/06 - I-601 Approved out of Vermont

11/27/06 - 10:00 appointment at Vancouver Consulate for Visa Stamp

11/27/06 - Arrive home 8.5 hours after crossing the border in Blaine Washington, due to horrible show storm --- we were happy to be home

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

01/25/07 - RFE for I-824 - used and outdated form

02/14/07 - Get email stating Post Office has Address posted as Vacant from the USCIS

02/16/07 - Hubby gets WA State Drivers Licence

03/05/07 - AOS appointment April 19, 2007 Seattle

04/13/07 - Biometrics Taken for AOS

04/19/07 - AOS interview - Approved pending name check

04/23 - 05/28 - 5 additional appointments with the Seattle USCIS office - to clear up the EAD issue

05/15/07 - 90 Day EAD Arrives

06/10/07 - EAD/Green Card approval letter arrives

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

06/23/07 - 2 year conditional Green Card Arrives

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, the lady told you what to do. And that is basically not to call them anymore.

Calculate for your phone call 5 minutes, now add another 11 people who are calling the same hour you do. The result is - 1 hour is gone. 1 hour this USCIS employee could have gone through a few cases. Let that happen at least 2 hours a day and one quarter of a working day is gone without that this employee could do any work, because nagging relatives are bothering them and keeping them away from their work.

Everyone within the visa process wants this process to be short. Many are just waiting. But then there are these who are so selfish that they think about themselves only.

Nagging and bothering USCIS leads to nothing but to a longer backlog because there are employees who have to take care of these people.

The side effect is also that people with serious problems have to wait on the phone for up to 30 minutes or more because other people don't get that the work will get done.

And it gets done faster if the employees can do what they are supposed to do, without any disturbance.

So do all of us a favour and wait. The waiting time will be over sooner or later.

The fact that some are patiently waiting doesn't mean that they are loving their loved ones less.

The same for all the "inquieries" through Senators and Congress people. If it is not a really serious matter. Wait at least the projected time and let USCIS do their job.

Markus - Las Vegas, NV

32821198.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, the lady told you what to do. And that is basically not to call them anymore.

Calculate for your phone call 5 minutes, now add another 11 people who are calling the same hour you do. The result is - 1 hour is gone. 1 hour this USCIS employee could have gone through a few cases. Let that happen at least 2 hours a day and one quarter of a working day is gone without that this employee could do any work, because nagging relatives are bothering them and keeping them away from their work.

Everyone within the visa process wants this process to be short. Many are just waiting. But then there are these who are so selfish that they think about themselves only.

Nagging and bothering USCIS leads to nothing but to a longer backlog because there are employees who have to take care of these people.

The side effect is also that people with serious problems have to wait on the phone for up to 30 minutes or more because other people don't get that the work will get done.

And it gets done faster if the employees can do what they are supposed to do, without any disturbance.

So do all of us a favour and wait. The waiting time will be over sooner or later.

The fact that some are patiently waiting doesn't mean that they are loving their loved ones less.

The same for all the "inquieries" through Senators and Congress people. If it is not a really serious matter. Wait at least the projected time and let USCIS do their job.

not disagreeing with you on this point... but... I can't help but notice your timeline. 5 months from the filing of the I-129 until the marriage. for us it will be more like 17 months and even then, not in the country of our choice. some of us have stresses that others cannot begin to imagine.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

not disagreeing with you on this point... but... I can't help but notice your timeline. 5 months from the filing of the I-129 until the marriage. for us it will be more like 17 months and even then, not in the country of our choice. some of us have stresses that others cannot begin to imagine.

mary

Mary-you took the words right out of my mouth................I was just typing the same exact thing ;)

stinger is right-ouch :huh: everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but you can't blame someone for wanting to get whatever help they can-by any means necessary. If you had to wait a long time, or file a waiver-you might be calling USCIS as well.

what is the VSC's number to call??

there is no direct number for VSC................you have to call USCIS 1-800-375-5283

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Stinger --- You dont even have a clue --- the person I call is in a phone center to do the job of answering phone calls --- they do nothing else --- even when I called the first time after waiting the 90 days that was posted was very little --- Im taking off my shoes right now --- you wear them for a while and see how it feels.

same number you call just pm me and I will give the the process --

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

11/27/06 - Arrive home 8.5 hours after crossing the border in Blaine Washington, due to horrible show storm --- we were happy to be home

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

02/14/07 - Get email stating Post Office has Address posted as Vacant from the USCIS

04/23 - 05/28 - 5 additional appointments with the Seattle USCIS office - to clear up the EAD issue

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Hmm stinger so you dont like my wife bothering those peeps @the call centre,well you must have a very nice life as it appears everything just smooths out for you........no hiccups.............no one trying to knock you down.............no hassle............just smooth sailing all the way,tell me your secret,well tell us all your secret so we can get our lives back on track and get to live together as married couples do instead of this continuing battle against officialdom,can you believe this my second sensible post(Paul)no abuse,rants or insults,the therapy is still working,ha

Hoo theer marra waat sek fettle?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That has to be the worst posting on this board i've seen, i've been lurking longer than you've been a member at the moment.

why did you bother? do you just like to be rude and insensitive to others?

do you beat kittens and small children in your spare time?

notifying congressmen is the wisest course of action, they created this mess with a bad law this year and they should see if they can do something about it.

perhaps in your oppinion it would just be better to find a nice message board to post useless comments on and be cruel to others, it might make one feel better.

That has to be the worst posting on this board i've seen, i've been lurking longer than you've been a member at the moment.

notifying congressmen is the wisest course of action, they created this mess with a bad law this year and they should see if they can do something about it.

perhaps in your oppinion it would just be better to find a nice message board to post useless comments on and be cruel to others, it might make one feel better.

Insensitive is the OP. Her wrong understanding of heroism is affecting directly other applicants.

Ignoring that the line is for urgent cases only, draws ressources away and binds them to tasks that are not necessary. Less useless calls could cause, that more employees are transfered to places where they could actively work on applications.

But no, our selfish and stubborn heroine, who doesn't see that her actions are delaying more things than they help to get things done doesn't care what she is creating. She still thinks she is speeding up things, even the opposite is the result.

IMBRA, that is probably what you consider a bad law, is the wisest that could be done. Why should only the beneficiary provide a police record. Why shouldn't the USC show as well that he/she has a clean record? Everyone who cares at least a bit about the safety and security of the United States and the citizens of this nation should welcome such a law.

Anyone who thinks that the amount of cases of domestic violence is too high should be glad such a law was made.

Anyone who cares and is against illegal immigration in any kind should support this law.

Authorities might have had difficulties to bring the law into the whole process. But that doesn't mean that the law itself is wrong.

My opinion is, and the OP proves that with her explanations, that useless phone calls or too many phone calls about a case are disturbing other cases. No one minds phone calls to prevent RFEs or to submit information in urgent cases. But I am sure that I am not the only one who minds people bombarding USCIS with phone calls just because they think it might help their case.

Btw, I don't beat kitten and small children. I don't see in which way I am rude. The one who is rude is clearly the OP and all the other who ignore the fact that too many phone calls are binding labor forces in positions they are not really needed in leaving other, more needed positions unoccupied.

Hindering authorities to do their work a proper way is not a kind of heroism.

Edited by stinger157

Markus - Las Vegas, NV

32821198.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

mary

Mary-you took the words right out of my mouth................I was just typing the same exact thing ;)

stinger is right-ouch :huh: everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but you can't blame someone for wanting to get whatever help they can-by any means necessary. If you had to wait a long time, or file a waiver-you might be calling USCIS as well.

there is no direct number for VSC................you have to call USCIS 1-800-375-5283

You all do understand that when you call this number you are not talking to Vermont or California or any other service center dont you? You are talking to a customer service office located in New York somewhere, that is run by Lockheed Martin (if i remember correctly).

Calling that number does not in anyway slow down anyones process, of course on the other hand, the person you are talking to probably knows less about the actual process than I do. All they have is a set of instructions in front of them on how to answer questions and a computer that they can look up your case number and tell you the same information that you can get off the USCIS site where you track your case.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Insensitive is the OP. Her wrong understanding of heroism is affecting directly other applicants.

Ignoring that the line is for urgent cases only, draws ressources away and binds them to tasks that are not necessary. Less useless calls could cause, that more employees are transfered to places where they could actively work on applications.

But no, our selfish and stubborn heroine, who doesn't see that her actions are delaying more things than they help to get things done doesn't care what she is creating. She still thinks she is speeding up things, even the opposite is the result.

IMBRA, that is probably what you consider a bad law, is the wisest that could be done. Why should only the beneficiary provide a police record. Why shouldn't the USC show as well that he/she has a clean record? Everyone who cares at least a bit about the safety and security of the United States and the citizens of this nation should welcome such a law.

Anyone who thinks that the amount of cases of domestic violence is too high should be glad such a law was made.

Anyone who cares and is against illegal immigration in any kind should support this law.

Authorities might have had difficulties to bring the law into the whole process. But that doesn't mean that the law itself is wrong.

My opinion is, and the OP proves that with her explanations, that useless phone calls or too many phone calls about a case are disturbing other cases. No one minds phone calls to prevent RFEs or to submit information in urgent cases. But I am sure that I am not the only one who minds people bombarding USCIS with phone calls just because they think it might help their case.

Btw, I don't beat kitten and small children. I don't see in which way I am rude. The one who is rude is clearly the OP and all the other who ignore the fact that too many phone calls are binding labor forces in positions they are not really needed in leaving other, more needed positions unoccupied.

Hindering authorities to do their work a proper way is not a kind of heroism.

So, you now have your IMBRA soapbox --- And you have your wife with as well --- just as my husband said, no glitches in your way --- What would you be doing if your case went past the posted processing times? Just as ours and so many other have --- likely you at some point would try to find out some information --- Now you put all the blame on those of us who just want out of this immigration nightmare

Heroine, I am not trying to be --- I am trying to give folks information to help lessen the pain of being separated from their loved ones. My post was concerning those of us who have been 'waiting the wait', the long wiaver wait --- you should keep your rants to yourself or in the IMBRA forum.

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

You don't get it. Do you?

Read your own posting, your fight against the "mean and inhuman" USCIS. If you file for a waiver something must have had happen before that requires a waiver.

No, I don't care about the reason that requires a waiver.

And because of the waiting time. Just because I keep my timeline to the basics doesn't mean that my story started just then. Sometimes you have circumstances that can't be solved by a waiver. Sometimes you just have to wait. Sometimes you have circumstances that can't get changed by USCIS, even you call them daily. Sometimes you just need to be patient, trust in god and hope that everything turns out the way it is supposed to be.

And about your weekly routine. You want to keep folks informed? I doubt it. You care about your own case. Nothing else matters to you.

Otherwise you wouldn't be so rude to block phone lines on a weekly basis for no reason. Whatever they are telling you, you get the same information online or later by mail.

You just need something called patience.

Would people read more before they send out applications they could avoid a long waiting time which gets longer with every RFE or waiver.

I am annoyed and engrossed by your behaviour. And to your husband. Sometimes it helps to follow the rules and obey laws. But that is not a secret.

Markus - Las Vegas, NV

32821198.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. Am I ever irritated. Stinger, you have no clue. She may be tying up the phone lines but it is only a call center! Big friggin deal. And you know what, I've waited patiently...I've done what they've told me to do. And I am tired of waiting!! I want to be with my husband, I want my husband to be able to watch our child grow! I am a law abiding person, I have no criminal background, and guess what... I needed a waiver. Why? Because they accused me of doing things that I can't prove that I didn't do. So, how about you step down off your soapbox and realize that sometimes yes, things happen...but not necessarily because they are supposed to happen that way. You tell me how my husband being separated from me and our daughter was supposed to happen? You are by far one of the most inconsiderate people I have ever encountered.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I have just one question for you stingerman baby,how do you know what you are typing,as your head must be so far up your own backside(hell Im still being pleasent)you wont be able to see,do you have a spotter who tells you when you spelt something wrong or what,or you got E.S.P.,WHO LOVES YA BABY, :jest:

Edited by KTMMAN(non compus mentis)

Hoo theer marra waat sek fettle?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.