foulte

Question about when you send in and evidence

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi,

Our 90 days is up on July 23 and we are going on vacation on June 23 for a week. I am waiting

to get a letter from my work still about my husband being on my life insurance and health insurance

before sending our information in. We plan to send everything in by June 15 or so.

Below is our planned evidence

Copy of joint tax returns for the past two years (still waiting for 2008 transcript, IRS says 2009 transcript not available)

Joint bank savings statement

Joint checking statement

Flight itineraries from two trips

15 pictures from activities and trips

Letter from employer regarding health insurance and life insurance

Affadavit from friend

Does this look ok for evidence?

We have an extended family living situation so although we pay for many of the utility bills,

they are not in either of our names, so I do not have those to send.

Would registered, certified, or priority be the best way to send our application and info?

Thanks for any input.

Edited by foulte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I sent my application USPS express mail. I believe it cost less then $20 in their flat rate envelope and got there the next day. If that is too much money, I recommend sending it in USPS Priority mail. It should cost less then $10 in their flat rate envelope and get there in 2 - 3 days.

I would include a cover letter explaining the living situation as to why there is no lease/utility bills.

Regarding the affadavit, the instructions say "by at least two people", but many people have gotten approved without submitting any at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your evidence seems good enough. Priority or Certified mail would be my preference. No need to spend extra. I do not plan to include affidavits for mine. Many don't if they have other strong evidence to provide. We do not have a formal rental lease and While filing for AOS, I just got a letter from our landlord who happens to be a family friend as well, and no questions were asked. Thats what we'll be doing for our removal of conditions as well. I am sure you wont have any problems. Good Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Keep in mind that NO evidence is required for the AOS application. Evidence is needed at the interview, not for the application. Good luck with everything and try not to stress! Also, keep in mind that that you can often do walk-in biometrics as soon as you get the appt. letter.

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Keep in mind that NO evidence is required for the AOS application. Evidence is needed at the interview, not for the application. Good luck with everything and try not to stress! Also, keep in mind that that you can often do walk-in biometrics as soon as you get the appt. letter.

Married2aTico,

FYI, here is Removing of Conditions (after AOS) forum and OP is talking about filing I-751wink.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.