neilsyweilsy

Packet 3 submission

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everybody. Nice to meet you all. Neil from Forest Hills, New York. My finacee just got the scare of her life. After receiving our NOA2 on April 27th, the post man arrived at her home yesterday to hand her a letter. It was quite thin in size so she immediately thought the worst - that it could not be a packet of forms so therefore it must be some sort of denial letter!! Well, upon opening it and calling me we concluded that this must be "Packet" 3. So, off to the next step - getting the forms back to the embassy.

Question for you all, if I may, does the I-134, her birth certificate (translated into English from Thai), her name change certificate, and police certificate need to be sent back along with the downloaded 156, 156K, and 157 and DS-230 Part 1? Or do they need to be brought with her to the interview?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everybody. Nice to meet you all. Neil from Forest Hills, New York. My finacee just got the scare of her life. After receiving our NOA2 on April 27th, the post man arrived at her home yesterday to hand her a letter. It was quite thin in size so she immediately thought the worst - that it could not be a packet of forms so therefore it must be some sort of denial letter!! Well, upon opening it and calling me we concluded that this must be "Packet" 3. So, off to the next step - getting the forms back to the embassy.

Question for you all, if I may, does the I-134, her birth certificate (translated into English from Thai), her name change certificate, and police certificate need to be sent back along with the downloaded 156, 156K, and 157 and DS-230 Part 1? Or do they need to be brought with her to the interview?

Part of the P 3 is a checklist. On the checklist they indicate which documents are brought to the interview. Follow the procedure for the best result. You can download the P 3 instructions & forms to see what she got & must do. You must sign the 134 & provide some info as well that she will take along.

Normally, the consulate request that you send back the DS-230 form ASAP. The rest of the document should be sent back with form DS-1076 once gathered in FULL along with DS-156.... What does the Packet 3 letter instructs you to do. Follow it precisely!

23Jan2010 "V" mailed I-129F (USPO return recp't & certified mail)

25Jan2010 NOA1 (website), 01Feb2010 via snail mail

26Jan2010 USPO return receipt received

27Jan2010 Check cashed

26Feb2010 NOA2 (website), 04Mar2010 via snail mail

06Mar2010 Petition received at NVC (website), 10Mar2010 via snail mail

17Mar2010 "Packet 3" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

24Mar2010 "L&V" mailed DS-230 to Sydney Consulate(sent from the US - certified mail)

_________| no activity for 26 days since "L" is still in the US. (we didn't expect the paperwork would flow so smoothly and quickly).

18Apr2010 "L" returned to Australia

19Apr2010 "L" - finger-printed & requested for police certificate

21Apr2010 "L" medical exam

23Apr2010 Police certificate received

30Apr2010 Medical results

01May2010 "L" Sent DS-1076 form + entire packet "ready for interview" to Sydney Consulate

10May2010 "Packet 4" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

25May2010 Interview

01Jun2010 Visa Received In-hand

28Jul2010 PoE San Francisco, California

02Aug2010 Tied the knot!!

_________ AOS (waiting for marriage certificate to file with I485/131/765/486)

"No lawyers were involved (or harmed) in this K-1 process"

Timeline

Part of the P 3 is a checklist. On the checklist they indicate which documents are brought to the interview. Follow the procedure for the best result. You can download the P 3 instructions & forms to see what she got & must do. You must sign the 134 & provide some info as well that she will take along.

Thank you Ning. Than you L&V. According to the Packet 3 web site http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/k_packet3.html, she will need to include my Affidavit of Support as part of the package returned. Am I reading this right? I was under an impression that it simply needs to be brought along to the interview. I guess I need to get cracking on my end. Thanks again.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you Ning. Than you L&V. According to the Packet 3 web site http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/k_packet3.html, she will need to include my Affidavit of Support as part of the package returned. Am I reading this right? I was under an impression that it simply needs to be brought along to the interview. I guess I need to get cracking on my end. Thanks again.

I read your link & things have changed since we went thru there two years ago. It looks to me like they now want all the documents sent in as part of the P 3 packet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I read your link & things have changed since we went thru there two years ago. It looks to me like they now want all the documents sent in as part of the P 3 packet.

And it is even more confusing. Yes, the link to the Bangkok Embassy Packet 3 does say basically that they want all forms sent back.

When I emailed the BKK Embasssy, the email reply was different. They want the original of DS-2001, DS-230 Part 1 and COPIES of all other forms and documents so that they know you have them prepared. Then bring the originals of all the forms and documents to the interview to be submitted. Their email says do not send any other originals of forms or documents as they can be lost in the mail.

Some of the form numbers mentioned by L&V are probably consulate specific. Bangkok does not have the DS-1076 but they do use a DS-2001.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

And it is even more confusing. Yes, the link to the Bangkok Embassy Packet 3 does say basically that they want all forms sent back.

When I emailed the BKK Embasssy, the email reply was different. They want the original of DS-2001, DS-230 Part 1 and COPIES of all other forms and documents so that they know you have them prepared. Then bring the originals of all the forms and documents to the interview to be submitted. Their email says do not send any other originals of forms or documents as they can be lost in the mail.

Some of the form numbers mentioned by L&V are probably consulate specific. Bangkok does not have the DS-1076 but they do use a DS-2001.

Good luck

Thanks for getting back, Ning. Nice to meet you Audy_Rob. Just, got off the phone, sorry, Skype, with Ann and we worked out a bit of a battle plan. I had to remind her of that good ol American superstition of crossing one's fingers. So if all goes well, A_R, you should be getting word quite soon, yes? It does seems like what your response was was accurate but can't she send in originals of the 156, 156k and 157 sinice they're generated off of the website? Also, I can't recall but Ann seems to recall that her original birth certificate was sent in with the I-129f 4 and a half months ago, in which case she would only have a copy on hand to send off. It does say, guys, on page 3 what should be sent in copy form then on page 4 it mentions what originals should be sent. The whole thing is just so awkawardly written - yes I did see on some old Packet 3 link, maybe it is what you recall seeing Ning, where it was in both English and Thai that allthat need be sent back is the checklist itself and the DS=230. Speaking of the checklist, do those little boxes actually need to be checked off? (Reminds me of another expression that I taught my finacee - To be on the safe side.)

Rad tree sawatdee guys and gals.

Thanks for getting back, Ning. Nice to meet you Audy_Rob. Just, got off the phone, sorry, Skype, with Ann and we worked out a bit of a battle plan. I had to remind her of that good ol American superstition of crossing one's fingers. So if all goes well, A_R, you should be getting word quite soon, yes? It does seems like what your response was was accurate but can't she send in originals of the 156, 156k and 157 sinice they're generated off of the website? Also, I can't recall but Ann seems to recall that her original birth certificate was sent in with the I-129f 4 and a half months ago, in which case she would only have a copy on hand to send off. It does say, guys, on page 3 what should be sent in copy form then on page 4 it mentions what originals should be sent. The whole thing is just so awkawardly written - yes I did see on some old Packet 3 link, maybe it is what you recall seeing Ning, where it was in both English and Thai that allthat need be sent back is the checklist itself and the DS=230. Speaking of the checklist, do those little boxes actually need to be checked off? (Reminds me of another expression that I taught my finacee - To be on the safe side.)

Rad tree sawatdee guys and gals.

No, the checklist is only for your use (for example,

"Proof of Custody of Minor Children" doesn't apply if

neither party had children or if the children were

not minors). For me, proof of non-custody was my

divorce decree and my wife's son was over 21.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

You don't have to translate documents written in Thai. Bangkok Embassy accepts english and thai documents. If she has documents written in any other languages that is when a translation is required

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.