confusing

the Filipino channel

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone. I was looking into getting the Filipino channel iptv box. I was curious if anyone here had it or had used it? it's basically a small box called a tfcko with an Ethernet port on the back and let's you watch live tfc and vod over the net to your tv.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

COst my sister $79 to get started, she was using CLEAR internet but the TFC was choppy and buffering alot so she switched to COX, once she was using COX there was no problem at all, she was watching without any lag or buffering. The shows are updated every 24 hrs. its a good deal considering its got 6 channels but no GMA.

Timeline

COst my sister $79 to get started, she was using CLEAR internet but the TFC was choppy and buffering alot so she switched to COX, once she was using COX there was no problem at all, she was watching without any lag or buffering. The shows are updated every 24 hrs. its a good deal considering its got 6 channels but no GMA.

ah.. lag. hopefully that was an end users lag and not the actual service. does your sister still have the box? can you resell them? i dont subscribe to cable tv to satellite too much $ and too many channels.

Timeline

As long as you are on CABLE MODEM then you should not experience any lag with this, My ATE still has it and enjoys it very much, im sure you can resell it if ever you no longer need it. The service is $29 per month.

I have COX cable TV, GMA and TFC were addded on to basic cable (starter TV) COX calls it for $12 more a month each. No lag or nothing because its cable. That's just the two Filipino channels.

I had an IPTV box I used for another service that worked well for years but hadn't used it for Filipino channels. No need since at least the two main channels we wanted where available from my cable company.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Timeline

AT&T U-Verse just rolled up in my area.. They offer GMA Pinoy TV & The Filipino Channel..

Is it necessary to get both? Does the content overlap? Is one better than the other?

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

just don't watch WOWOWEE, its full of #######!!! specially that stupid Willie Revillame who loves exploiting the poor as well as the dumb balikbayans.

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

Timeline

just don't watch WOWOWEE, its full of #######!!! specially that stupid Willie Revillame who loves exploiting the poor as well as the dumb balikbayans.

Willie is no longer on there, he somehow got the boot when he pushed himself a little too far.............

Timeline

AT&T U-Verse just rolled up in my area.. They offer GMA Pinoy TV & The Filipino Channel..

Is it necessary to get both? Does the content overlap? Is one better than the other?

GMA 7 and ABS-CBN 2 is about the same, they all have counterparts, its basically preference. I prefer the news coverage on GMA7.

Ka PUSO vs Ka Pamilya

Filed: Country:
Timeline

All I can say is that TFC Channel was such an important connection to back home when she got here, and went FAR in alleviating her homesickness (and still does!). Well worth the $$ to get it.

:star:

Yep, same here... Every day when I get home both TV with cable boxes are on channel 670!

Timeline

Yep, same here... Every day when I get home both TV with cable boxes are on channel 670!

I guess my question is should I order both GMA & TFC or just TFC? It's $25/mo for both vs $12 for one... Trying to gauge if there's enough different content to warrant it.

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

thanks for the input everyone. i called about the tfcko... they said i needed to contact a dealer in my area. i called the dealer they gave me, appears to be someones home (feel a little weird giving my cc like that) i left them a voicemail.

Timeline

thanks for the input everyone. i called about the tfcko... they said i needed to contact a dealer in my area. i called the dealer they gave me, appears to be someones home (feel a little weird giving my cc like that) i left them a voicemail.

I asked my sister about the local dealer here in Las vegas and she said its some guy that does this on the side as a part time gig, there is no such office but just someones home. She told me when the guy came over he took his dad with him that just arrived from the Philippines and she got along with him really well to where she cooked tuyo for the dude and his dad.....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess my question is should I order both GMA & TFC or just TFC? It's $25/mo for both vs $12 for one... Trying to gauge if there's enough different content to warrant it.

With U-Verse if you subscribe to both TFC and GMA you also get Viva, which is all movies. We had both for about 6 months and my wife told me to only get TFC because she did not watch GMA or the movies enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.