peace

What is the best course of action for our k-1 case

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was wondering fellow visa junkies.... what would be a good corse of action here. If our lawyer said at the begining that she was going to be vigorously and diligently persuing our case and we are ending up calling her and forcing information out of her....like why our package was refused twice because she didn't file the right amount of money and then she sent the check back with the new amount but she crossed out the old price and initialed it and they didn't accept that. I mean my only concern is that if we fire her and get a refund she'll get pissed and refuse a refund number one or if it takes the cause that we might have to finish paying her what is left. Which I don't want to do if she can't do her job right. I mean she knew that the imbra act needed something and knew what it was that was needed but didn't bother telling us until we got the first rfe. I am frustrated and we were also wondering if it would be a wise choice since it's taking forever anyway to pull out our case and file a k-3 and me fly down and marry her it's been a year almost since we started this the lawyer and I made the agree ment last febuary and they didn't file until april it's been six months already and the lawyer is saying it's going to take maybe another six months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was wondering fellow visa junkies.... what would be a good corse of action here. If our lawyer said at the begining that she was going to be vigorously and diligently persuing our case and we are ending up calling her and forcing information out of her....like why our package was refused twice because she didn't file the right amount of money and then she sent the check back with the new amount but she crossed out the old price and initialed it and they didn't accept that. I mean my only concern is that if we fire her and get a refund she'll get pissed and refuse a refund number one or if it takes the cause that we might have to finish paying her what is left. Which I don't want to do if she can't do her job right. I mean she knew that the imbra act needed something and knew what it was that was needed but didn't bother telling us until we got the first rfe. I am frustrated and we were also wondering if it would be a wise choice since it's taking forever anyway to pull out our case and file a k-3 and me fly down and marry her it's been a year almost since we started this the lawyer and I made the agree ment last febuary and they didn't file until april it's been six months already and the lawyer is saying it's going to take maybe another six months.

I don't think starting over with a K3 is a good idea. You've already put a lot of time and money into this and you are very close to being approved. If you are going to start again you have to withdraw the I-129, go there and get married, come back and start all over again.

You should, without a doubt, fire your lawyer. It's clear she was negligent as she didn't file the right amount of money and then was stupid enough to cross out the old price and put in a new one - who does that? She obviously cannot do her job right. Whether or not you get a refund depends on what was in the agreement you signed. Why not contact the bar association and get some advice on that? Everything else aside, you need to fire her sooner rather than later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yeah, firing the lawyer might cost you whatever you've paid so far. However, time = money...and it sounds like that lawyer is costing you lots of time, and will likely continue to do so. My advice is to cut your losses by firing the lawyer, deal with your current RFE's, and make frequent visits to VisaJourney to fill in any gaps you might encounter along the way.

Kseniya (Ukraine) and Gary (USA)

05-27-2005 I-129F package arrives at TSC signed for by "M.S."

...A bunch of waiting and worrying...

10-14-2005 Passport with K-1 Visa delivered

02-14-2006 Everyone is home!

03-04-2006 Wedding date!

07-25-2006 AOS/AP package FINALLY completed and sent

08-04-2006 AOS/AP NOA's received

11-06-2006 Interview Successful!

11-13-2006 Welcome to America letter received

You already mentioned this in a previous post.

Bail from the Attorney. Do not pay any more money to her.

If you feel compelled to retain an attorney, not sure why when on this site. But if you do, go for a competent Attorney.

No one here is trying to unravel your process. Rather, expedite it. You may not agree with the delivery of the message, but, it is intended to help you to immediate approval. That is why I and many others are here.

To receive and deliver guidance, as appropriate.

Take the "meeting" evidence advice and return it with the original RFE document; be sure to make copies first.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline
You already mentioned this in a previous post.

Bail from the Attorney. Do not pay any more money to her.

If you feel compelled to retain an attorney, not sure why when on this site. But if you do, go for a competent Attorney.

No one here is trying to unravel your process. Rather, expedite it. You may not agree with the delivery of the message, but, it is intended to help you to immediate approval. That is why I and many others are here.

To receive and deliver guidance, as appropriate.

Take the "meeting" evidence advice and return it with the original RFE document; be sure to make copies first.

Good luck!

yeah thanks for the advice we are just curious to what to do and made two inquiries about it hahaha. Her and I both use this name dreamlife for posting hahaha sorry. but yeah we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.