8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

My interview is next month and I'm getting a little nervous the closer it gets. My husband (USC) and I accepted a job offer overseas a while ago. The contract is for a year (August - June to be more precise). Will this be a NO NO to say during the interview when they ask what our plans are? What questions can we expect anyways?

Thank you

Filed: Other Timeline

Nobody will ask you what your plans are. Nobody cares, and it's not relevant either. There's one thing they care about: that your marriage is real.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't tell you what your interview will be like, but I can tell you the type of questions we were asked at our AOS interview in Denver.

The first part consisted of asking both my husband and I easy questions about each other. The interviewer asked us to recite each others birth dates, parents names, occupations, etc. He also asked us how and when we met, how often we visited each other, and how many times I had visited the US prior to moving and how long I would normally stay. He also asked my husband if he had ever met my family and if he got along with them. After that he went through the I-485 and asked me to verify some of the information on the form. He also went through Part 3 of the form where it asks you yes or no questions and asked me to reply out loud. He then asked for any relationship evidence we had prepared and glanced through it. And that was pretty much it! It was a very positive experience for us.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline

Thanks guys. I know it looks like a stupid question, but my ticket is exactly two weeks after my interview, and since I'm not quite sure whether I'll get the GC in the mail within this time, I was gonna use the fact that I need to go sign the contract as an excuse to get the stamp in my passport. But from what I've read so far, it looks like it might get just in time.

This website is really helpful. I might bother you again, but until then thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't count on you recieiveing a green card within two weeks of your interview. My wife had to wait 2 years after the interview. Just letting you know. So that if you are ocunting on it it may not happen. They don't move that quick.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Timeline

Don't count on you recieiveing a green card within two weeks of your interview. My wife had to wait 2 years after the interview. Just letting you know. So that if you are ocunting on it it may not happen. They don't move that quick.

In that case I will use my Advance Parole which is valid till May 2011 or ask for that stamp on my passport.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

In that case I will use my Advance Parole which is valid till May 2011 or ask for that stamp on my passport.

Just a word of caution. If you overstayed, using your advance parole is not a guarantee that they will allow you to return to the US. In most cases advance parole is used for emergency trips, situations. If you overstayed before you were able to adjust status, you have to remember that there is a 3 or 10 years bar. Perhaps you'd like to think carefully about using your advance parole.

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.