• 1-2 week
    • 3-4 weeks
    • 2 Month
    • 3 Month
    • 6+ Month

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys, I had my interview Apr 12 in Jacksonville FL, passed and got the form recommended for approval but after 6 weeks no oath ceremony letter yet, I know it can take up to 90 days but still i hate the wait some others get it the same day or a week later, I know in my town Gainesville Fl there is an Oath ceremony June 24th (I read it from another forum member) wonder why haven’t got the letter yet and also why they didn’t give me the choice to take the Oath in Jacksonville May 20, is a 2 hr drive for me but I would have taken it, I am just frustrated and I know we all in the same struggle for one thing or the other.

I tried to call the 800 number just to know if I am schedule for the 24th but they would not tell me, they said I need to wait 90 days, it has been 6 weeks so 3 more weeks! to be able to ask, should i get an infopass? or they won’t tell me anyway? if it is before the 90 days, I really would like to know my brother is having a baby in August and would like to be there, please share

Timeline

Hi guys, I had my interview Apr 12 in Jacksonville FL, passed and got the form recommended for approval but after 6 weeks no oath ceremony letter yet, I know it can take up to 90 days but still i hate the wait some others get it the same day or a week later, I know in my town Gainesville Fl there is an Oath ceremony June 24th (I read it from another forum member) wonder why haven’t got the letter yet and also why they didn’t give me the choice to take the Oath in Jacksonville May 20, is a 2 hr drive for me but I would have taken it, I am just frustrated and I know we all in the same struggle for one thing or the other.

I tried to call the 800 number just to know if I am schedule for the 24th but they would not tell me, they said I need to wait 90 days, it has been 6 weeks so 3 more weeks! to be able to ask, should i get an infopass? or they won’t tell me anyway? if it is before the 90 days, I really would like to know my brother is having a baby in August and would like to be there, please share

One more question after my interview IO did not ask me to sign the n400 form, it did gave me the form saying recommended for approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Claudio: we're in the same situation. We're in Jacksonville and wanted to get an oath date ASAP. But, they fill up, apparently. I thought they would just accommodate as many people as are eligible, but that's not the case. So you're basically in line for the next available ceremony with space. And then they don't send the letter until it's six weeks or less before that date of the ceremony you get to be part of...and it has to be in your area. You can't go to another town (we wanted to head to Gainesville for the June 24th as well).

All of this we learned at an Infopass in Jacksonville. The IO didn't hesitate to let us know the status. Unfortunately, the status is just that we're in line and waiting for a spot at a ceremony. They usually have one every month in Jacksonville, she said, but for some reason aren't having one in June. This stinks for us (have plans to travel in early August and now probably can't or have to postpone oath), but it was good to at least know we're in line....

So, I am a fan of feeling better, so if it would make you feel better to go in and do an Infopass, I would do it. I hope you get the nice IO when you do!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi my brother just wait.... IO say she will mail the letter on 24tht may and the oath is on 24th june but its all depend u in june or august 19th ceremony i do not know but the reason to went there is always good because she did call clerk and find about my oath she was very positive about my oath because she was giving me the address , time , date she also mention about i-130(immigrant petition) for my spouse and she say call her for pack the bags ..

so i am sure that i am in june 24th oath ceremony. get info pass and go to jax atleast u will find about the date of your oath ceremony and i sure u will feel much better

god bless u and god bless america/pakistan

hahahah

Timeline

thanks for the info, the wait is killing me, and off course you start to think that something is wrong, i cannot rememeber if the IO asked me to sign my app or not, I got an info pass for june 1st hope they tell me about when is my oath ceremony will hate to drive 2 hrs to Jax for nothing. I wish the status on the check my case site changed as well is still under "interview". thanks guys

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.