Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

DVLA License Renewal

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I just got a call from my mum telling me she received some mail from the DVLA saying that I need to renew my photo license as the 10 years is almost up. I tried to find information for British Citizens living abroad renewing their license and didn't really find any info.

So, I got married in USA and went through all the K1 ####### and finally have green card. I not only changed my name but obviously changed my address. Do I need a UK address to be able to renew my British License? I still live in USA but I hope to live in England in a few years, so I want to keep my license! My mum is going to forward me the renewal forms. I know I can apply online for address change as long as your license is not due for the 20 year photo expiration - well I know I can't do that so I really have to renew a whole lot! Photo, name change and address.

I just want to know if its ok to put my mum and dad's address on my license?

Has anyone else had to do this? What did you do?

Any help would be appreciated!



Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales

Use your Mum's address

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...