Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About SKingy1

  • Rank
    Sammi C
  • Member # 2735

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • State
    New Jersey
  • Interests
    Hiking, exploration, travel, gardening, art, movie soundtracks, reading, education, puzzles, home design...

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Texas Service Center
  • Local Office
    Newark NJ
  • Country
    United Kingdom
  • Our Story
    Met in England fell in love and been married 10 years!

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

2,234 profile views
  1. SKingy1

    Getting UK Medical Records from GP

    Thanks sorry I didn't know where to post this. Can anyone help with the above question?
  2. Hoping someone might be able to help me. I need to get my medical records sent over from UK to my GYN. I am having a hard time finding out how to do that. I am looking for the records back in the late 1990's before I came to USA to live. I did find this: Access to UK health records for those living abroad Question How can a person apply for access to their health records if they are not living in the UK? Answer In cases where a patient moves abroad, their GP health records are sent to the local Primary Care Trust and their hospital records are stored in the hospital or sent to a local archive. They are retained for the minimum period. Hospital records are kept for a minimum of 8 years following the end of treatment and GP records for 10 years, though please note that certain types of records are kept for longer. At the end of the minimum retention period the Records Manager at the Trust/hospital/archive will decide whether to retain further or destroy the records. Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, a patient has the right to apply for access to copies of their health records. The request should be made in writing to the record holder(s), and a fee will be payable, with the maximum that can be charged set at £50. Question Can a person take their health records with them for their new doctor, if they are living outside the UK? Answer No. however patients can make a subject access request for copies of their records, and then take the copies with them. The GP may be prepared to provide the patient with a summary of the patient’s treatment to take to their new GP. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Managingyourorganisation/Informationpolicy/Patientconfidentialityandcaldicottguardians/FAQ/DH_065886 I see it says make a request in writing to the record holder. But does that mean at my local hospital? I'm thinking that my records may have been destroyed by now. ugh. Any input? Thanks