khoamythovn

Interview timeline HCMC

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not true. You are referring to the meeting between parents or representatives to discuss the Le Dinh Hon ceremony. During this meeting, the plans and preparations for the ceremony are discussed, including what the bride's side requires in terms of gifts and money. The actual ceremony can take place in a restaurant and can be big or small. Vietnamese people get confused about all this too, especially when trying to fit Vietnamese customs to cookie cutter questions like: When did you propose? When was the engagement ceremony? Some would consider the proposal to be when the two decide they want to marry, while others say the proposal is when parents meet, and still others insist proposal is done during the ceremony. Which would mean 3 possible, different dates to answer the same question. Likewise, some people consider the engagement ceremony to start when the two families meet and call the bigger event an "engagement party", while others say the engagement ceremony and party is the same thing. The best way around all the confusion is to specifically write or say what happen on which date for the timeline or interview. On X date, we discussed marriage among ourselves... On X date, our family met to plan and prepare for the Le Dinh Hon... On X date, the ceremony took place...

NO I am actually talking about the actual dinh hon ceremony, there is no if or buts, it has to be done at her house.

period

I've read your replied it seem like a bunch of rambling and nonsense.

People if you're planning a Dam hoi it must be at her parents house or this case the father's house.

What vietazn said is accurate and what I would recommend be done as well.

I understand that your fiancee is Vietnamese and she's feeding you the information, but there seems to be some information being lost in translation perhaps...The dinh hon does NOT need to be done at her house, but rather, wherever the family chooses (which is discussed during the parent sit down). It could be done at the family's home, or a close, older relative (i.e. grandparents home), or a restaurant.

Perhaps because there is/was no discussion between your parents and her parents she feels that it would be appropriate for the ceremony to take place at her home? In my case, our parents sat down and had a discussion. It was determined during that meeting that our dinh hon take place at my husband's grandfather's home. Keep in mind, my family does have a home in Vietnam and our families live close in proximity...

There isn't a right or wrong way to have the ceremony, it's whatever the two families decide. If there's only one family, logically, you would have it the way that "family" wants it.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.