Ramonbrausa

Affidavit of Support..When?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have already received a notice from the NVC that my fiance file is about to be sent to the consulate, but i was wondering when are they gonna ask me for the affidavit of Support? Also, i don't meet the income required under the poverty guidelines act...my dad is gonna help me by co-signing, so how do i do this? the form it's too complicated! i have done everything by myself, except for this...where can i request for help with this form?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Both you and the joint sponsor must each fill out separate forms I-134. They are submitted either when you return Packet 3 or when you arrive at the Embassy/Consulate for the interview.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Thnk you so much for this info guys..Hey Audy_Rob..i could noticed on your timeline that you knew when the embassy had the petition, how did you find out?

First, I called the NVC telephone number about 7 days after receiving NOA2 from the web site. When I called the NVC number they told me when they were mailing out the Packet. I waited 7 days after the Packet was mailed. I emailed the Embassy in Bangkok and they told me they had received the case.

Every Embassy is different which makes it difficult to answer this question in general.

If you look at the NVC forum. There is a discussion about how to guess/track your Packet from NVC to the Embassy/Consulate using the DHL (delivery service) web site.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

"Both you and the joint sponsor must each fill out separate forms I-134"

OK. so, apart from submitting two I-134 Form, would i have to submitt an I-184 or I-184a? I am really stuck on this matter here, the forms are confusing.

Who Completes and Signs Form I-864?

I-864 Reads: "The U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who filed aForm I-130 for a family member, Form I-129F for afiance(e), or Form I-600 or I-600A for an orphan."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Both you and the joint sponsor must each fill out separate forms I-134"

OK. so, apart from submitting two I-134 Form, would i have to submitt an I-184 or I-184a? I am really stuck on this matter here, the forms are confusing.

Who Completes and Signs Form I-864?

I-864 Reads: "The U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who filed aForm I-130 for a family member, Form I-129F for afiance(e), or Form I-600 or I-600A for an orphan."

Yes eventually, but not now. For a K-1, the I-864 is submitted after marriage when the new alien spouse applies for a greencard via Form I-485....

YMMV

Timeline

Question 11 on I-134:

I (check mark one)(intend)or(do not intend) to make specific contributions to the support of the person (s) named in item 3.

( If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnish room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in U.S. dollars and wether it is to be given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, and for how long.

what a confusing question, since she is gonna live with me, of course i intend to do so.. For how long?, well...until death do us part.

Just crazy..

Peace out!

Timeline

Not really crazy. Just relax.

May I suggest checking "I intend..." then on the three lines below, write something general, not specific in amount or timeframe as you are right, it is forever...

"to provide food, housing, other1, other2...etc... for beneficiary <enter name>."

They cannot issue a 221g for not checking one of the boxes as was just done at one Embassy. The COs really cannot argue this answer and really have no desire to argue a positive ongoing contribution of a general nature.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Ramonbrausa, the process is pretty much stressful than complicated. Take one step at the time, dont rush or over dwell on things.. As mentioned in prior answers, you will be completing the affidavit of support along with your co-sponsor. NVC will be issuing you a new case # after they sent your package to Brazil. The new number will start with RDJ XXXX...

If you follow Audy_Rob feedback and are able to speak with NVC and obtain your case, then you can email the embassy [in Rio] requesting your appointment date. This process will avoid the package 3 & 4 [which is not a real package, by the way] and accelerate a bit your interview. we have a small blog of experiences for this Brazil process that you may want to read..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/224868-brazil-k1-processexperience-feedback-concerns-advise/

Good luck,

Edited by DoneWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

Thanks...I just had confirmation from NVC that they has just sent the file to RJ..I called a few days ago and they told me that unfortunately the date of birth of my fiancee was wrong, that i needed to send them a copy of birth certificate to correct this, i freaked out, so i immediately sent a copy of her birth certificate and a copy of my passport, with case number RDJ...etc, both via email and snail mail, (just in case) and then i got the following email from NVC:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The

NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in

your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US

Embassy/Consulate General for further processing.

As the file is no longer at the NVC, we are unable to honor your request

to change the date of birth. We will forward your correspondence to the

assigned US Embassy or Consulate General"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.