LJ52

Guangzhou Electronic Filing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Anyone that can give me some help on this matter would be greatly appricated. I will keep this as short as possible. In August of last year 2009, my then finacee and I were denied approval in Guangzhou interview (basically for not making more than one trip to China). I returned to China this February 2010 and got married there. I have read that I now qualify for electronic filing in Guangzhou. My questions are:(1) Do I still have to file 1-130 throught the USCIS office and get an approval, before I start with the NVC electronic filing? (2)They mention using a case number in the beginning email with the NVC. (3)Does this have anything to do with the past case number, or are they going to give me a new number when I call the NVC the first time? (4)In other words do I now start with the USCIS office or start directly with NVC office for filing electronically? Any help and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. yes.

2. current case #. NVC will issue GUZ # after casefile is received from USCIS.

3. new case #.

4. USCIS office. File a new I-130. You'll need to front-load the petition, as it's Guangzhou and frickin hard. See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218775&st=0&p=3324240&hl=Rusticentry3324240 for what I did, ages past, try to come up with your own collection of bonafide marriage evidence. Check the I-130 instructions for 'where to send it', but basically, it goes to a lockbox address in Chicago.

So - basically, you filed a K-1, it was denied, you went back to China, got married, and now will file a new I-130 for your spouse.

Sorry for the denial, and Good Luck with the new petition !

NVC EP wiki entry here --> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing (when yer ready to use it )

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Anyone that can give me some help on this matter would be greatly appricated. I will keep this as short as possible. In August of last year 2009, my then finacee and I were denied approval in Guangzhou interview (basically for not making more than one trip to China). I returned to China this February 2010 and got married there. I have read that I now qualify for electronic filing in Guangzhou. My questions are:(1) Do I still have to file 1-130 throught the USCIS office and get an approval, before I start with the NVC electronic filing? (2)They mention using a case number in the beginning email with the NVC. (3)Does this have anything to do with the past case number, or are they going to give me a new number when I call the NVC the first time? (4)In other words do I now start with the USCIS office or start directly with NVC office for filing electronically? Any help and guidance would be very much appreciated.

In short, the electronic processing you qualify for is after the petition is approved and sent to NVC. So, you file the I-130 normally. It is not "you" that qualifies though. All immigrant spouse cases for China qualify.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your help! This site has been wonderful. I am still just a little confused. Ok, I have all original documents ready to send in (including all Chinese documents translated to English, letters of reference,etc. and everything certified or notorized) Is my first step to send everything (original documents) to the USCIS lock box address? And later when you get a number and opt/in to send papers to the NVC for electronic filing to Guangzhou, are you scannning copies of these same documents again and emailing them? How does the electronic filing to NVC save you time? If I did not do it electronic filing what is my other option? Sorry I am just a little confused. This stuff is not easy to figure out. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1. yes.

2. current case #. NVC will issue GUZ # after casefile is received from USCIS.

3. new case #.

4. USCIS office. File a new I-130. You'll need to front-load the petition, as it's Guangzhou and frickin hard. See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218775&st=0&p=3324240&hl=Rusticentry3324240 for what I did, ages past, try to come up with your own collection of bonafide marriage evidence. Check the I-130 instructions for 'where to send it', but basically, it goes to a lockbox address in Chicago.

So - basically, you filed a K-1, it was denied, you went back to China, got married, and now will file a new I-130 for your spouse.

Sorry for the denial, and Good Luck with the new petition !

NVC EP wiki entry here --> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing (when yer ready to use it )

Thanks so much for your reply! The site has been a great help!

In short, the electronic processing you qualify for is after the petition is approved and sent to NVC. So, you file the I-130 normally. It is not "you" that qualifies though. All immigrant spouse cases for China qualify.

Timeline

Whoa. DO NOT SEND IN original documents with I-130 submittal.

Photocopies, at this stage, except for the I-130 (your signature) and the G-325A (must have her original signature on it) . Photocopies of USC's divorce decrees MUST show the seal stamp of the issuing entity .

Original Documents are 'sent in' at NVC stage, never at I-130 submittal stage.

Repeat for Emphasis -

Original Documents are 'sent in' at NVC stage, never at I-130 submittal stage.

First Step - send in I-130, G-325A (two - one on you, one on her), photocopy of marriage certificate (white book, with translation inside), plus bonafide marriage evidence (see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218775&st=0&p=3324240&hl=Rusticentry3324240 for my list) plus copy of USC birth certificate, plus whatever else the I-130 and G-325A instructions tell you to send. Send it to the lockbox address in Chicago.

As to 'how it saves time' - There is a 'dead zone' between 'NVC OUT' to 'GUZ Opened Casefile' timeticks - usually this dead zone is 3 to 5 months in duration. NVC EP kills this 'dead time' almost completely - where the appointment letter is sent out within a week of 'case complete at NVC' timetick. There is no 'NVC OUT' timetick - the Casefile is flagged in SAFEFILE storage system as 'complete', GUZ IV gets electronic notification it's complete, and a clerk in GUZ opens the casefile IN SAFEFILE in GUZ. By this time, however, appointment date is already set. It's an anomoly, to be sure, but NVC sets the appointment for GUZ-bound EP cases. If it wasn't an EP case, GUZ would be setting the appointment - which takes anywhere from 4 to 11 weeks from 'GUZ Opened Casefile' timetick.

re: NVC EP - yup - one is emailing all during NVC processing. One must scan all, as well, prior to emailing. Please start here --> http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4409.html and read that page and all clickable links in that page (there are 5 ) . Note they aren't dealing with hard-core instructions or detailed technical how-to or even 'process' past the OPT IN process - that's why I took the time to write up a wiki page for that, at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

re: how to do without NVC EP - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467 for a mini-how-to utilizing the online payment portal.

Thanks so much for your help! This site has been wonderful. I am still just a little confused. Ok, I have all original documents ready to send in (including all Chinese documents translated to English, letters of reference,etc. and everything certified or notorized) Is my first step to send everything (original documents) to the USCIS lock box address? And later when you get a number and opt/in to send papers to the NVC for electronic filing to Guangzhou, are you scannning copies of these same documents again and emailing them? How does the electronic filing to NVC save you time? If I did not do it electronic filing what is my other option? Sorry I am just a little confused. This stuff is not easy to figure out. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The police clearance certificate has a 'lifespan' to it, of one year. If the police certificate has expired by interview day, you'll need to get a new one, to show at GUZ IV on interview day.

Finally, all things submitted into NVC, during NVC EP (with the exception of the DS-3032) must be submitted as originals on Interview Day - that's the I-864, all tax/income data, the DS-230, all white books, any prior divorce decrees on USC and foreign spouse (with the stamsp/seals).

Good Luck ! Let us know if you have further questions about I-130 prep , prior to filing it (but do read EVERYTHING I'VE LINKED HERE, ya? )

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

LJ52 - hey - any news ?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hullo Hullo - did you file the I-130 yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.