woody1

wife got a call from embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hi fellow members

my wife has been on ap for 2 months and today she got a call from the delhi embassy and they asked her all kind of questions . they asked her about her family like how many brothers and sisters ,parents name ,grandparents name. than they asked about my previous 3 marriages , how many wives i sponsored ,when did i come to usa and how did i get here? than they asked her if she married me to come to usa to which my wife said no i married him coz i like him and love him

and its all Gods wish to which the guy said its bull. other than that everything went ok and my wife answered all the questions that were asked. she just answered what she was asked and dint say anything else. she also came to know that somebody else in her village got a call too just asking them about her family. so what do u think? is this normal for them to call? and anybody else with same experience pl share. i hope they will be giving her visa soon. please share ur thoughts and may God end everybody ap soon. good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Sometimes it happens. I´ve read about a guy from your country who´s american wife was married before. They were in AP for some months. One day US embassy called his father and asked him about her american daughter in law. After some questions (he was older than 70 or 80) finally they asked him.... do u know if she (petitioner) was married before? The old man said.. I don´t know.... Visa denied.... why? According to them, there was no way an indian old man, didn´t know his daughter in law was married before. :huh::angry::wacko:

Before calling him they also called to some neighbors, asking so many questions about them. My point is... They denied him just cause of his parent´s answer.

I know is not fair, but sometimes... some cases are harder than other ones.

I think u will be fine. Anyway, keep us updated and good luck!

Edited by karinapogue

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

here are the things they might do, just to let you know so you don't get surprise

they will verify all the documents with the issuing authorities(birth certificate death certificate marriage certificate etc.)

they will visit your wife at her home and interview neighbors etc.

i am not making it up, they did these things before specially Delhi embassy

Timeline

hi karina and rb

thanks for sharing. they called some more people today and asked them trick questions. like they called her village headman and told him they were looking to arrange my wives marriage with somebody from usa. they wanted to know if she was a good person. the headman said she is already married. what r u talking about. see they dint tell him that they were calling from embassy. they acted like they were looking for a girl for marriage. headman was present at our marriage . and he knew we were married. my wife thinks they also called some other people. they did call my uncle and asked him about everything. i hope my wife gets visa soon. i prey for everybody in ap.

oh they keep on telling that they r going to visit but so far phone calls only

Edited by singh2

Filed: Timeline

hi karina and rb

thanks for sharing. they called some more people today and asked them trick questions. like they called her village headman and told him they were looking to arrange my wives marriage with somebody from usa. they wanted to know if she was a good person. the headman said she is already married. what r u talking about. see they dint tell him that they were calling from embassy. they acted like they were looking for a girl for marriage. headman was present at our marriage . and he knew we were married. my wife thinks they also called some other people. they did call my uncle and asked him about everything. i hope my wife gets visa soon. i prey for everybody in ap.

Hello,

I was wondering,how the embassy got all these people (your relatives) contact numbers? Do they ask you?

Timeline

hi karina and rb

Hello,

I was wondering,how the embassy got all these people (your relatives) contact numbers? Do they ask you?

Usually it happens at the interviews (OP is in AP) They ask family member´s telephones, address, neighbors, coworkers, friends, etc. If there is something suspicious they usually call to them.... tricky questions u know? Hopefully things will be fine for OP.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

NATURALIZATION

Timeline

hey conner

i gave them only numbers for the people who attended my marriage and most of them were cell numbers. but all the phone calls they made were on land line. they also called some people who were not in my marriage and i dint provide them with there phone numbers but they still got it from somewhere. my wife thinks they get the village phone directory and call randomly.

hey karina whats (op is in ap) . at the interview my wife was given 221g and the asked for a list of people who attended the marriage and there phone numbers. also affidavits from me and her. after they got that they put her on ap and now they r checking.

any update on ur case conner?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They can find the numbers pretty easily.... its big brother isnt it?... whistling.gif I have seen where they have called the home or cell numbers of friends and neighbors in the VN consulate... they have called people and posed as someone like a friend of the beneficiary or coworker and lied to try to trip up the person being called.... its pretty low down IMO but its what they do when they are trying to find a way to deny the case... I expect that they will try the same thing with my family when they finally look at our case again...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

hey conner

i gave them only numbers for the people who attended my marriage and most of them were cell numbers. but all the phone calls they made were on land line. they also called some people who were not in my marriage and i dint provide them with there phone numbers but they still got it from somewhere. my wife thinks they get the village phone directory and call randomly.

hey karina whats (op is in ap) . at the interview my wife was given 221g and the asked for a list of people who attended the marriage and there phone numbers. also affidavits from me and her. after they got that they put her on ap and now they r checking.

any update on ur case conner?

OP is the poster, in this case YOU, AP is Administrative Process, when u get your interview and they need to review something before approved or denied your visa.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

NATURALIZATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.