rochelle

is it bad at interview if u dont have house?

19 posts in this topic

Hi I'm curious about if the interview will really search where you live back in America? I currently live at my parent's residence and my plan is to get my own residence after my trip from Pi when my wife's interview is over. Now I easily pass the poverty guidelines but I still wonder if they will frown upon me not having my own residence established yet? What you think?

Thanks,

jers

MY INTERVIEW DATE IS JULY 8,2010 at 8:30AM but WE NEED TO RESCHEDULE FOR AUGUST!

But what if they ask in interview "Do you have your own residence?" and then my wife and I will have to give this long explanation I guess. So no problem really, are you sure?

MY INTERVIEW DATE IS JULY 8,2010 at 8:30AM but WE NEED TO RESCHEDULE FOR AUGUST!

just give them your parents address

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Yes my parent's address but if they ask "Do you intended to live there?" then I just have to keep explaining then?

If the consul officer does ask that question, use it to your advantage by putting a good spin on it.

Tell the consul officer that even though you make well over 125% of the poverty line, you are living with your parents because it allows you to save up to buy a home, and that you believe home ownership is a responsible and sensible way to provide long-term financial stability and security for your wife and future family.

Who can argue with that? ;)

Oh of course I would explain it perfectly, but just was not sure how strict the CO is if they like to deny without listening to explanations lol.

You really really really need to find something else to worry about. The consul officer will take one look at your I-134 and see that you are making well over 125% of the poverty line...end of story.

Besides, which scenario shows better financial stability....a guy who makes $30,000 per year who lives with his folks and pays them a bit of rent....or the guy who makes the same salary, but is paying a $1200 monthly mortgage? If I were in the consul officer's shoes, I would think that the guy who is paying the $1200 per month mortgage will have a harder time supporting his wife. It's all about supporting your wife...

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Even though I do have a house of my own, it never came up in my wife's interview.

As you are above the income requirements ho would the CO even know that you live with your parents?

You could tell them you stay with your parents to "keep off the grid" and that the government is trying to read your mind.

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

You could tell them you stay with your parents to "keep off the grid" and that the government is trying to read your mind.

:lol: That was not quite the spin I was looking for, and I'm not sure how it would go over with the consul officer.

Just tell them you are following Filipino custom, where kids never leave the pamily home, but have your fiancée throw in a few mother-in-law jokes to make it real

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Haha thanks you are all so helpful! My wifey can really worry less now after seeing these replies, except yours Gendy haha joke. I know its mainly about being able to support your wife and also how would they know Im at my parent's house anyways, there's no need for them to search since Im above the poverty guideline. So you are all correct and this reassurance will help my wifey. There's just too many stories and gossip in Pi that start to make you wonder "what if?" Thanks Again! -jers

Goodluck and get the PINK slip!

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

There's just too many stories and gossip in Pi that start to make you wonder "what if?" Thanks Again! -jers

Yes the stories coming out of the Philippines about immigrating to the US are great, the best one my wife was told was, for two years after marriage she will not be able to travel, or do most anything without my permission, and if she does not do as I say, I can have her removed from the US. (I am thinking one of these days I should tell her that was just a rumor LOL) :whistle::whistle::rofl:

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.