Veronik

Document to ask for during Medical for AOS?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I've heard that you need to ask for a document or a copy of something at the Medical appointment, because you'll need it for the AOS...

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks for the help!!!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I've heard that you need to ask for a document or a copy of something at the Medical appointment, because you'll need it for the AOS...

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks for the help!!!

Hi there,

I'm not sure there is a document you're supposed to ask for. When I went, after the medical, they gave me a receipt for my medical to be picked up in a few days. Then when I picked it up, I got a package (my medical) and a immunization checklist sheet. To be honest, if the doctor is authorized to do this medical, s/he will know what you need. After the medical, the doctor told me to ask the receptionist to go through my report and make sure everything was in order and that all required forms were filled, which I did. No problems.

For me the only difference between the K-1 medical and the AOS one is that the AOS medical didn't accept my claim to have had chicken pox whereas the K-1 medical did. I ended up having to get (and pay $110 for) the immunization shot for my AOS application. When at the Montreal medical, I wish I had brought some kind of document supporting my chicken pox history so that they could have written an exact date on the immunization record sheet (which is what the civil surgeon wanted to see) instead of just 'VH' (history of chicken pox). Maybe then I could have saved some money.

So, unless I'm wrong, I think there is no document to ask for from the medical, except for the medical itself. Maybe you mean the immunization record sheet? I didn't ask for one, but they gave me a photocopy for my own records-- which i used, but didn't necessarily need, in my AOS application.

I hope this helps, and if I'm wrong, please, someone jump in.

Good luck at the medical and upcoming interview!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

I'll go with what you said!

Cheers!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

US Embassies in Canada may be different, but at my interview in Zagreb, Croatia, I was given a full copy of my medical plus vaccination records without even asking for it. This was 3+ years ago but reports say they still do this. I guess it depends on the consular staff...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.