cedwards001

Job Problem

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am starting a new job next week. Problem is, I already got an NOA1 for my I-129F. I hope this isn't a big deal but I worry that it may be a problem for the wolves at the HCMC Consulate. I was wondering that since I have not yet received my NOA2 if I can just send a new G-325A with my new job listed on it and hope the USCIS accepts it. Would this be a good idea or should I wait and put the new job with my I-134 and then also have my fiance bring supporting documentation to the interview?

Carl

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am starting a new job next week. Problem is, I already got an NOA1 for my I-129F. I hope this isn't a big deal but I worry that it may be a problem for the wolves at the HCMC Consulate. I was wondering that since I have not yet received my NOA2 if I can just send a new G-325A with my new job listed on it and hope the USCIS accepts it. Would this be a good idea or should I wait and put the new job with my I-134 and then also have my fiance bring supporting documentation to the interview?

Carl

Either way it should not matter, but as you said “the wolves” at HCMC. Things happen it is a part of life, so naturally at times people change jobs, the main concern is that you made enough last year, this is what they will base figures on, and they will not know if this new job will pay more or less than the other job so if asked at the interview of the change your fiancée can say it was a 8% or whatever % increase in pay, and I would say to make the changes on the I-134 A. Then have the employment letter from your current employer and you should be fine. To change something that you have already submitted could cause delays along with possible red flags. But the choice is yours and in my opinion I do not see any sort of issue just changing the I-134 A. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

I was in a similar situation except I had started a new job around the time I received the NOA2. For us it seemed sufficient to show them an employment letter with current pay rate, an I-134 as well as a few copies of recent pay stubs/checks for the interview.

From my understanding, the consulate is primarily concerned with the petitioner having enough income from the most recent tax return and then also enough current income from an ongoing steady job to financially support the beneficiary. If these numbers meet their standard requirement (I think 25% above the poverty line for a 2-person family is approx. $18,213), then I believe you'll be fine as far as the job/financial stuff is concerned.

Timeline

I haven't heard of many cases where USCIS has accepted changes to a submitted petition package unless the changes were sent in response to an RFE. The collective consensus on VJ, based on the experience of members here, is that there's no point sending unsolicited new documents because they won't make it into your case file. Besides, if your G-325A was correct at the time you filed the petition, then there's no need to update it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Excellent. Thank you so much guys!

Carl

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Timeline

I was a bit worried about this as well. I am on the lookout for a new job which may happen after I submit my I-129F. If I do end up with a new job, I will just provide the updated employment documentation with the I-134 and give all of this to Thu as she goes to her interview. By the way, it is now less then 3 months until I file the I-129F. Fun times await :)

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

I also started a new job after my initial I-129F filing and never even tried to change the info I had already sent in and was fine. In fact for the interview after the I-129F was oked I sent in a letter from my new employer and it was different from the I-129F and I was fine and never questioned about it. They understand we need to change jobs sometimes and even during visa processes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.