CAN2US

DS-230

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had a couple of questions...please see below...just needed clarifications...

Question 9...where it says...including your present marriage...you have been married...___ times...I put down "1"...I have only been married once and that is to my current husband...is that ok...am i reading the question correctly?

Question 31 a & b...I wrote NONE...my husband lives in US...hes the main petitioner...hence I wrote NONE...

Question 32...some of the years...I was unemployed...so I have it written down...is that alright??

Question 35...as a Canadian...when we enter US...what type of visa are we given...right now...I have it written down as Tourist Visa...is that cool?

Question 40,41,42...I have it as NO...i just read the first sentence or so...and none of it applies to me...

Question 43a...I said NO...and then said YES to assign me a SSN and a card...is that what you all did??

Question 43 b...I said YES to disclosure...

I have only signed part I...

2008 July 5 -- We met!

2008 Aug 9 -- He Proposed, I said YES !!

2009 Aug 21 -- Officially got engaged in front of family!

2009 Nov 22 -- We got married`

USCIS Journey: California Service Center

2010 Jan 08 -- Filed I-130 !

2010 Jan 11 -- I-130 Delivered!

2010 Jan 14-- NOA 1

2010 Jan 20 -- Touched

2010 Apr 01-- RFE notification via text/email =( [on my birthday]

2010 Apr 15-- Touched

2010 Apr 21-- Text recieved by USCIS indicating Approval-- NOA 2 hard copy mailed out Apr 20--[unbelievable how fast they responded with the approval in 4 working days]

Your I-130 was approved in 96 days from your NOA1 date.

x---x---x

NVC Journey

2010 Apr 26-- NVC Case Number Assigned

2010 Apr 27-- Email Addresses of Petitioner & Beneficiary given to Operator

2010 Apr 27 -- OPTIN EP & Sent DS-3032

2010 Apr 28 -- OPTIN EP Confirmation Rcvd

2010 Apr 28 -- AOS Fee Bill Payment Info Rcvd

2010 May 01 -- AOS Fee Bill Payment Status: PAID

2010 May 05 -- I-864 form and supporting documents emailed!

2010 May 12 -- IV Fee Bill Paid

2010 May 16 -- DS-230 Form and supporting documents emailed!

2010 May 19 -- Email recvd from NVC-Case Complete- SIGN IN FAILED!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't mean to be...mean, but it's really helpful if, when you post long questions like this, if you hint at what that question number is. We don't actually have them memorized :)

Also in the Guides section, there is a sample forms section which might be helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.