Buckeye1

Possible problem with visa packet...need advice!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancees K1 visa was approved. She received 2 packets from Moscow. One had the K1 visa, the other was the sealed packet she need to give immigration when she goes through customs. The problem is the packages looked alike and she opened the wrong one by mistake. Our concern is she will have a problem at immigration now that the packet which is supposed to be sealed is not sealed.

Can she send the packet back to the embassy in Moscow so they can send her a new "sealed" package?? Or will they accept it taped up?? She lives in Ekaterinburg so can she go to the consulate there and have them issue her a new sealed package???

Please help, any advice is appreciated...hopefully this has happened to one of you out there and can advise us on what to do!!

Buckeye1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This thread may be helpful to you

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/233868-the-sealed-envelope-accidentally-opened-it/

Good luck!

Z

Edited by shikarnov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone...

Okay, I understand now she will have to get the packet inspected and re-sealed. Anyone know if she has to personally hand deliver

it to the embassy or can she mail it??? She lives in Ekaterinburg, the embassy is in Moscow. There is a consulate in Ekaterinburg there. Could she go there and have it done??

Buckeye1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you need to ship it, I believe the embassy will only accept Pony Express as a courier of official documents. Moreover, for this type of situation, I think you really want to contact the embassy to seek clarification. It may be possible to mail it. It may not. Unfortunately, in cases like this, you're dealing with individuals and their understanding of your situation and their interpretation of the law.

Get it straight from the horse's mouth:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/contact-us.html

Just pray the situation can be resolved before the K1 expires.

Good luck,

Z

Hi everyone,

My fiancees K1 visa was approved. She received 2 packets from Moscow. One had the K1 visa, the other was the sealed packet she need to give immigration when she goes through customs. The problem is the packages looked alike and she opened the wrong one by mistake. Our concern is she will have a problem at immigration now that the packet which is supposed to be sealed is not sealed.

Can she send the packet back to the embassy in Moscow so they can send her a new "sealed" package?? Or will they accept it taped up?? She lives in Ekaterinburg so can she go to the consulate there and have them issue her a new sealed package???

Please help, any advice is appreciated...hopefully this has happened to one of you out there and can advise us on what to do!!

Buckeye1

Sorry for your trouble. I remember the Kiev CO giving Vika her packet with the warning "do not open this envelope", and there was a warning on it in English. We were told that the packet must be sealed upon arrival, or the docs were not valid.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Buckeye1

Take it back to the consulate and get it sealed up.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Send an e-mail to them and explain your situation. They'll provide you with information on what to do. In truth, I wouldn't be too worried about it because when they receive that envelope at POE, they don't do a whole lot with it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.