supranatural

Extending tourist visa for Mother In Law

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife's mother (from Moscow) has a multi-entry 1 year tourist visa which expires in Oct. 5. We want her to visit again but don't want to butt up against the expiration. Is it possible to file for an extension of her visa either in Moscow, or here while she is visiting us? If so, what is the form I need to download and complete? Has anyone ever done this before?

FWIW this is her second successful multi-entry tourist visa to the US and she has visited us multiple times in the past so as far as approvals go I don't think that is an issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She just applies again following the same procedure as for the last one.

She will need to go to the Consulate for the interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
She just applies again following the same procedure as for the last one.

She will need to go to the Consulate for the interview.

But she has a current visa - and she was told in Moscow that she can't do that, that she has to wait for the current visa to expire, which we don't want to do (from what I understand you don't make direct application to the US Embassy anymore - it is all done through agencies and she asked the agency she's used in the past and was told she can't apply for another visa while the current one is in effect). My wife's friends here tell her that they've used a lawyer in the past to make an extension for their relatives while they were here in the US. We could go that route but I'd rather know what application process is required so I can do it without having to run to a lawyer everytime (I did the entire fiancee vias process on my own).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://stpetersburg.usconsulate.gov/visas.htm

Google is your friend, there may be nearer Consulates.

A Visa is required to be in force on entry, not for duration of visit, that is controlled by the I-94.

Here you are:

The visa application procedure for permanent residents of Russia begins at the nearest Pony Express office, where applicants will pay the standard $100 non-refundable application fee in Russian Roubles. Each visa applicant must present a valid travel passport, one 2”x 2” color photo (taken against a white or off-white background within last six months), and a completed and signed Russian or English version of the DS-156 application form. Male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45 will also need a supplemental form DS-157. These forms are available at the Pony Express office, as well as at the front gate of the U.S. Consulate General.

At the Pony Express office, visa applicants will schedule an appointment to appear at the U.S. Consulate General (Furshtatskaya Street, 15; “Chernyshevskaya” Metro). On the assigned date, visa applicants will arrive at the U.S. Consulate General with all supporting documents. After the interview, successful applicants will receive their passports and visas from a Pony Express courier at their home or office address.

Visa applicants who reside outside the city of St. Petersburg should initiate applications through their Northwest Russia regional Pony Express representatives in Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Murmansk, Pskov, Petrozavodsk by calling (800) 200-7669. Residents of Velikiy Novgorod should apply through the Pony Express office at Gzen River Embankment 11, office 410, or by calling (8162) 115167. Applicants from Kaliningrad should apply at Portovaya Street 1 or call (4012) 750896. The handling fee for these applicants is 1300 Roubles per passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.