SMOKE

LA Votes in Favor of Arizona Boycott

119 posts in this topic

BY, just stop being a douche and trying to pass off the opinion of one person as some lengthy study. It's not, get over it. That's not to say that it's meaningless, but it doesn't carry the same weight as say, research that has a methodology beyond chatting up some cop who is writting you a parking citation.

I don't need a study to see that 90% of homicides reported on the four locals news stations are AA males. For everything else, I have quoted from sources like the FBI and the ABS. Thus, how I discovered that even though you claim Australians are still scumbag convicts, they only commit 4% of the number of homicides that AA do per capita. As per usual, your only answer to that is that it's somehow wrong or fabricated. Surely if it's wrong then you can show me otherwise.

That's the key bud. In nearly five years, I have seen nothing more beyond racist labels, personal insults, bigotry accusations and so forth; All good and well but not one person has proven me wrong on any crime related issue I have raised.

thats what is says. if you want to believe it says something else, be my guest.

Pikes not exactly a guy that can read between the lines. Had the KKK commissioned a study, any study, both rob and himself would be crying like little school girls.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thats what is says. if you want to believe it says something else, be my guest.

So what is it about the methodology that amounts to propaganda?

The sample size of 402 carries a margin-of-error of ±4.9% and was conducted between April 30 and May 5, 2010, and was approximately 17 minutes in length. The sample was drawn randomly from the most recent publicly available list of registered voters in the State of Arizona, screened for Hispanic surnames using the Census Bureau list, and merged with third party data to secure telephone numbers. Voter registration status and Hispanic identification were verified upon contact with respondents, who confirm if they are registered to vote in Arizona and of Hispanic/Latino descent.

Surveying is conducted by fully bilingual interviewers, in English and Spanish at the discretion of the respondent. Respondents are greeted in both languages. The survey instrument is created by Barreto and Segura, in consultation with other political scientists, and translated into Spanish. The survey is administered under the direction of Pacific Market Research, in Renton, WA, and performed using a Computer-Assisted-Telephone-Interviewing (CATI) protocols. CATI programming is performed by Pacific Market Research.

BY, please explain how statistics showing the ethnic distribution of gang members helps the police to ascertain the likelihood of a random latino being a gang member? That is right, unless the police have reason to believe someone might be a gang member (which is going to be down to many facts and plodding police work that has nothing to do with racial profiling) they have no clue because THE RATIO OF ORDINARY MEMBERS OF THE POPULATION TO GANG MEMBERS IS MINUTE!!!!! Yet you maintain you understand and can use statistics to forward an argument? :rofl:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

So what is it about the methodology that amounts to propaganda?

Pacific Market Research - Renton, WA

Have you seen ready4one's opinions? Having an organization in Washington State conduct a study on this issue, is the equivalent of having Iran study whether Al Qaeda is humane or not. :lol:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

I don't need a study to see that 90% of homicides reported on the four locals news stations are AA males. For everything else, I have quoted from sources like the FBI and the ABS. Thus, how I discovered that even though you claim Australians are still scumbag convicts, they only commit 4% of the number of homicides that AA do per capita. As per usual, your only answer to that is that it's somehow wrong or fabricated. Surely if it's wrong then you can show me otherwise.

That's the key bud. In nearly five years, I have seen nothing more beyond racist labels, personal insults, bigotry accusations and so forth; All good and well but not one person has proven me wrong on any crime related issue I have raised.

The problem with your views, BY is that you won't accept that the reason for the social problems affecting black communities has anything to do with the social environment or socio-economic legacy of the past.

You refer to "black culture" without actually defining what that is beyond a stereotypical image conjured up from gangster rap videos - and your persistent contention is that the problems in black communities are due to black people being stupid and incompetent - with reference to corrupt 3rd world nations in Africa as proof that black people cannot run a piss up in a brewery.

Yet you are mystified by allegations of racism... Stranger and stranger.

BY, please explain how statistics showing the ethnic distribution of gang members helps the police to ascertain the likelihood of a random latino being a gang member? That is right, unless the police have reason to believe someone might be a gang member (which is going to be down to many facts and plodding police work that has nothing to do with racial profiling) they have no clue because THE RATIO OF ORDINARY MEMBERS OF THE POPULATION TO GANG MEMBERS IS MINUTE!!!!! Yet you maintain you understand and can use statistics to forward an argument? :rofl:

Why should I do your homework? The governmental study I posted clearly illustrated a huge disparity per capita in gang membership. I won't bother mentioning the Gangland show either, as it too is not good enough for you. Ironically like every lib on here, your opinion alone is good enough.

I'll help you out. 50% of the gang bangers are Hispanic, yet 12% of the population is Hispanic. 11% of the gang bangers are Caucasian, yet close to 73% of the US population is Caucasian. What can you deduce from that?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Something tells me you'd think differently if Colorado were to pass a law that unfairly targeted Muslims.

Hardly. There's no comparison. The AZ law isn't unfair, in fact, it mirrors federal law. Also, it doesn't target Latinos, it targets illegals, and illegal is not a race. If you're not illegal, no worries. If you're legal, here on a visa, federal law already requires that you carry documentation that you're here legally. Anyone who isn't here legally should be worried.

That's the point.

Timeline

Why should I do your homework? The governmental study I posted clearly illustrated a huge disparity per capita in gang membership. I won't bother mentioning the Gangland show either, as it too is not good enough for you. Ironically like every lib on here, your opinion alone is good enough.

I'll help you out. 50% of the gang bangers are Hispanic, yet 12% of the population is Hispanic. 11% of the gang bangers are Caucasian, yet close to 73% of the US population is Caucasian. What can you deduce from that?

If you're trying to suggest that it can be somehow assumed that 50% or so of hispanics are gang members... erm... yeah... :wacko:

The problem with your views, BY is that you won't accept that the reason for the social problems affecting black communities has anything to do with the social environment or socio-economic legacy of the past.

You refer to "black culture" without actually defining what that is beyond a stereotypical image conjured up from gangster rap videos - and your persistent contention is that the problems in black communities are due to black people being stupid and incompetent - with reference to corrupt 3rd world nations in Africa as proof that black people cannot run a piss up in a brewery.

yada yada yada. See how you run off on BS in every single argument. The problem is always with the poster or their stats, regardless of source.

I have asked you for a simple task which you are yet to deliver. Based on your assumption, show me other demographics in the UK that are in similar socioeconomics yet have the same crime rate. You can use Australia too. Come on Mr have-a-rebuttal-for-everything. Walk the talk. Or should everyone excluding yourself have provide stats?

If you're trying to suggest that it can be somehow assumed that 50% or so of hispanics are gang members... erm... yeah... :wacko:

Actually, I made it perfectly clear what I was suggesting.Thus,

Edited by Booyah!

I do not need help BY, but you sure do because you are still trying the same thing. It will not wash. If a significant percentage of the population were gang members you would have a point, but they are not, so, you don't, try as you might to keep making that same lame conclusion again and again and again.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I do not need help BY, but you sure do because you are still trying the same thing. It will not wash. If a significant percentage of the population were gang members you would have a point, but they are not, so, you don't, try as you might to keep making that same lame conclusion again and again and again.

So you cannot deduce anything from those stats?

Pacific Market Research - Renton, WA

Have you seen ready4one's opinions? Having an organization in Washington State conduct a study on this issue, is the equivalent of having Iran study whether Al Qaeda is humane or not. :lol:

Conducting a study and administering a survey are two very different things, BY. As someone with an advanced degree, shouldn't you know that?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Actually, I made it perfectly clear what I was suggesting.

Sure. You want to arrive at a conclusion that if a police officer stops Joe Latino that there is an X% chance that he is in a gang.

That's "interesting" to say the least :wacko:

So you cannot deduce anything from those stats?

There is plenty you can learn about GANG MEMBERS from such statistics, what you can not deduce is the likelihood of a random latino being a gang member, try as you might to make that connection. The reason being, the very small % of the population that are gang members period. I do not expect a break through on this for you, because you are wedded to that graphic because it confirms all your little prejudices but, for those that get statistics, it is plain for all to see, your little graph is a crock.

Conducting a study and administering a survey are two very different things, BY. As someone with an advanced degree, shouldn't you know that?

Smoke's point is still valid, as is mine. Had a study been commissioned by the KKK, you guys would cry murder and discredit if off the bat. The only reason you see no issue with this is because it's a minority organization promoting their race. As I have come to know, that is more than acceptable in the US. Exact same groups being Caucasians = KKK racism period.

Edited by Booyah!