Kevbev09

Check my list please

18 posts in this topic

My interview is in 2 days. I have a PILE of papers and I'm trying to sort them out, lol. Lots to do today and I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so I want to make absolute sure I don't forget anything for the interview.

Here's what I have:

My passport

2 passport photos 2x2

Long form birth certificate

Police clearance certificate (from Nov 30 2009)

Letter of intent to marry from Kevin

Affidavit of support

Evidence of support, he gave me so much it needs a section all on its own, and I'm not even sure what all of it is

-letter from his work stating how long he's worked there and his wages

-an overview of his duties at work (seriously if they ask me what he does, it's impossible to summarize it all)

-letter from his bank stating how long he's had his account and his balance at the time, plus month by month printouts of the past year of transactions

-a whole bunch of tax forms that I can't make sense of lol

-information and balance on a savings account that I believe was set up through his work. The original was from December I believe; he gave me updated balances from the last month

Evidence of domicile (lease agreement)

My giant xpresspost envelope (can I fold the dang thing?)

Note I DO NOT have my medical papers yet, but they're waiting for me in Toronto and I'm picking them up on the way to Montreal. Also going to get the $$ for the visa fee on the way there.

Kevin is not able to come with me to the interview, so I'm bringing a good bit of evidence of our relationship:

Photos of us together

Receipts from a few places we've been together

Screenshots of my inbox showing the emails we've sent back and forth since applying (lol I didn't want to print a bunch out this time, figured this would be enough, it's like 10 pages long)

Phone bills showing calls between us

a couple other random things with our names on them

I also have copies of the original I-129F package, the NOAs and most of the other forms we've received/sent. Is there any point bringing this stuff?

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

do you have the confirmation from the ds-160? they asked me for this. they will show you copies of your paperwork you sent in with p3 and ask if anything has changed like phone addy etc.

you have alot of tax info. is that because his salary is less than the required amount for the i-134? if he makes enough i doubt you'll need all that extra stuff. we just brought in a copy of his most recent h&r block return with the matching w2 (aka t4 slips), and the irs transcripts of the 2007 and 2008 returns, along with a job letter.

they did not ask me for evidence of domicile, as he works in the usa has a us passport drivers licence etc. they said that was good enough lol if he was not a us citizen he could not have filed the k1 for us to begin with! lol :)

yes you can fold the envelope in fact, when we were in the interview room they had already done that to fit it in the file folder.

make sure you bring photocopies of your passport bio page, birth certificate as well, they asked me for those, didn't care about my originals which i had also. i gave 2 letters of intent, one from each of us.

pretty much everything i gave her was photocopies. but i had originals to back it all up with.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you have alot of tax info. is that because his salary is less than the required amount for the i-134? if he makes enough i doubt you'll need all that extra stuff. we just brought in a copy of his most recent h&r block return with the matching w2 (aka t4 slips), and the irs transcripts of the 2007 and 2008 returns, along with a job letter.

So, Im just sort of triple-checking everything here. If we have Matt's IRS transcripts from 2009 (along with previous years), we do not need W2s, right?

I read they prefer the IRS transcripts but I want to make sure we are not missing something silly we could easily obtain.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, Im just sort of triple-checking everything here. If we have Matt's IRS transcripts from 2009 (along with previous years), we do not need W2s, right?

I read they prefer the IRS transcripts but I want to make sure we are not missing something silly we could easily obtain.

They never asked for the tax transcripts at our interview. They did ask for the employer letter and bank officer statement in the evidence of money.

do you have the confirmation from the ds-160? they asked me for this. they will show you copies of your paperwork you sent in with p3 and ask if anything has changed like phone addy etc.

Oh yes, I do have that too, had that counted as one of the old, already sent forms

No, his salary is well over the poverty line. He filed his taxes online, so he printed out all the confirmation forms and whatever they sent back I guess. Figured I'd just give it all to the interviewer and let them sort out what they need

they did not ask me for evidence of domicile, as he works in the usa has a us passport drivers licence etc. they said that was good enough lol if he was not a us citizen he could not have filed the k1 for us to begin with! lol :)

Well I'll leave it in there since he won't be with me to show his own ID.

yes you can fold the envelope in fact, when we were in the interview room they had already done that to fit it in the file folder.

make sure you bring photocopies of your passport bio page, birth certificate as well, they asked me for those, didn't care about my originals which i had also. i gave 2 letters of intent, one from each of us.

pretty much everything i gave her was photocopies. but i had originals to back it all up with.

Alright, guess I need the 2 photocopies then. I've never seen anywhere that they need a letter of intent from me though. Figured my going for the interview shows intent enough. :D

Thanks for the tips Kimbear. :)

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's correct - Tax Transcripts - no need for tax slips :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's correct - Tax Transcripts - no need for tax slips good.gif

thank you TM :)

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, guess I need the 2 photocopies then. I've never seen anywhere that they need a letter of intent from me though. Figured my going for the interview shows intent enough. :D

Thanks for the tips Kimbear. :)

The U.S. citizen has to provide the letter of intent. It was on the packet 3 letter. The visa assistant in Montreal will ask for this letter of intent.

The U.S. citizen has to provide the letter of intent. It was on the packet 3 letter. The visa assistant in Montreal will ask for this letter of intent.

Yep, that's what I thought. I'm the beneficiary. Printed out his letter of intent just this morning. We almost forgot the dang thing. :blush:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Timeline

w2's are only needed if your giving a copy of the actual tax return form that was filled out aka the printout from whatever program you used. if you are giving transcripts those are by themselves good enough

They never asked for the tax transcripts at our interview. They did ask for the employer letter and bank officer statement in the evidence of money.

she didn't specifically ask me for it, she just said "please give me your affidavit of support and evidence" and i just handed over the whole thing. but i read the instructions on the i-134 of supportive evidence so i just handed all that to her.

HWDWm6.png

Seriously you guys are letting me down here.. no one's even pointed out that I didn't have the actual interview letter on my original list. Would I even get into the consulate without that? :bonk:

Also still need more input on the old documents.. to bring or not to bring?

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe that they would actually even take W2 with any credence. You can easily forge them with little to no effort, just go to your local Staples and pick up the blank forms.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also have copies of the original I-129F package, the NOAs and most of the other forms we've received/sent. Is there any point bringing this stuff?

:hehe:

Well, one can hope that they would have a copy of your original petition. Take them if it makes you feel better, or don't.

Oh -

Don't forget your interview letter (but again, they know you are going to be there)

:hehe:

Well, one can hope that they would have a copy of your original petition. Take them if it makes you feel better, or don't.

Oh -

Don't forget your interview letter (but again, they know you are going to be there)

lol, thanks Trailmix. :D

I got the two photocopies mentioned about, went through the entire package AGAIN and reorganized everything a little. Now I'm just basically counting down the hours til I leave.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Timeline

she didn't specifically ask me for it, she just said "please give me your affidavit of support and evidence" and i just handed over the whole thing. but i read the instructions on the i-134 of supportive evidence so i just handed all that to her.

Don't you love that? The woman I got just asked me to give her everything I had when I got up to the window... She didn't ask for forms by name or anything, I walked up and she said, "ok, give me what you have." Talk about a moment of slight panic :lol:

Good luck kevbev! Everything looks great :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.