Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Need help: First time applying my parents here.

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize


I really need help with this because I'm pretty much very confuse with the process/procedures. I'm actually not a petitioner, my sister (an US citizen) is trying to apply a green card for our father.My sister isn't sure what to do some i'm taking the initiative to find info. I've been doing a lot of research but haven't been able to find clear answers.

Hope someone can help me:

so my sister petitioned on October, 2009 and got the notice of action on December, 2009. My dad also received a document that asked him who the "agent" would be. my dad filled and send that form already. After researching, We found out that my sister was suppose to fill out the affidavit of support. so she did last week.

My questions are:

Are there anything else that we're suppose to do? What is the next step?

Also, My sister also petitioned for our brother (unmarried and under 21) to come. we hadn't heard anything from USCIS or NVC? Can anyone explain the procedures for me?

Your help is greatly appreciated,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China

If your father got the 'agent of support' set, and the sister the 'affadavit of support' set,

then the casefile is at NVC.

Here's the general stuff about NVC -

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

now - yer sister can call NVC, exchange info with a tele-operator, including EMAIL ADDRESSES on her and the father, and then receive an AOS fee bill via email.

IF she gets that fee bill, via email, it will contain the Invoice Identification Number, and with the

NVC Casenumber (different than the USCIS casenumber, btw) she can log in to the online payment portal, and pay fees online.

The fee payments are tied to 'which set' to send in - here's a BRIEF HOW-TO on that -


Some people want speed at NVC, as well, and follow the shortuts at


Your Father can also email in the DS-3032 INFORMATION using a text-based email - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form for the template

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...