RobR

Fiance here on visitor's visa-just found out I'm pregnant

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me. Here's my dilemma: my fiance arrived in the U.S. about a month ago on a B1/B2 visa good through January. We had decided to file for the 129F Fiance Visa while he was here as we want to marry and start a life together here in America. I found out yesterday, however, that I'm pregnant and we now would like to marry soon and file for a spousal visa. Luckily, I haven't yet sent in the Fiance Visa but now I'm scared to death that we're going to run into a lot of difficulty as everything I've ever heard indicates that you should absolutely not marry while on a visitor's visa. We had no prior intention of marrying on this visit but now that I'm pregnant we feel it's what we now want to do. We've been together for three years and we were going to marry anyway so we see no reason not to do it now. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, did it effect the visa approval time? Any help offered would be greatly appreciated. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
everything I've ever heard indicates that you should absolutely not marry while on a visitor's visa.

I have never seen this, not sure where you got that idea from.

Just wondering how he managed to get a B Visa from England.

Why not just file and adjust here, no need for him to return.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

You do not need to file for a K3 go to the guides here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

that is the action you need to follow.... there is no reason for him to return to the UK....

Congrats on the baby...

Kezzie

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He's a South African citizen who was living in the UK on an ancestral visa so therefore he had to apply for a visa and not granted the automatic UK citizen 90-day visa. We thought it would also be for 90 days but it's actually good for 180. Anyway, that's how he got the B Visa. Thanks~

Filed: Timeline

It dont mater where he is from what matters is that he entered the States legally and did not have intent to remain when he did enter..... there is nothing stopping your from getting married and filing for AOS, EAD and AP...

Just follow the guides and we are here to help if you have any questions....

Kezzie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
He's a South African citizen who was living in the UK on an ancestral visa so therefore he had to apply for a visa and not granted the automatic UK citizen 90-day visa. We thought it would also be for 90 days but it's actually good for 180. Anyway, that's how he got the B Visa. Thanks~

Not sure what happened, my reply went missing, anyway just checking usually a B from UK signifys an issue.

But not in this case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

well u know what.. i came with the 90 day visa and we got married during that time.. called the USCIS and got all my forms right away.. no problems at all..

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.