GJen

Text/E-mail Notifications?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov...form/g-1145.pdf

So according to that website, text/email notification are only available when filed at one of three USCIS facilities that are located in chicago, IL, Phoeniz, AZ, and Lewisville, TX...

Is that right or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks! smile.gif

Also-- would they notify visa text/e-mail INSTEAD of a paper copy or IN ADDITION to? Thanks! :)

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

This is in the K1 section. As such, you are either filed with Vermont/VSC or CA/CSC. Both provide notifications.

Go here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Have your NOA1 or case number in hand, fill out the form, and off you go.

Text or email notifications are in addition to printed notification (for NOA2).

Mailed K1: Fedex to VSC Feb 19, 2010

NOA1: Feb 22

NOA2: May 17 (84 days, no touches, both SMS and email notice received a day later)

Rcvd at NVC: May 19

Sent on to Embassy: May 21 (in reality, May 24th)

Received at Embassy: May 26

Packet 3 received: June 1

Packet 3 returned: June 2

Packet 4 received: June 16 (emailed appointment date June 11)

interview: July 19th (Warsaw - APPROVED!!!)

POE: July 24th :)

Timeline

This is in the K1 section. As such, you are either filed with Vermont/VSC or CA/CSC. Both provide notifications.

Go here:

https://egov.uscis.g...ectusertype.jsp

Have your NOA1 or case number in hand, fill out the form, and off you go.

Text or email notifications are in addition to printed notification (for NOA2).

So.. I registered.. and when I click to sign in to my account, I saw this message:

YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO A U.S. GOVERNMENT COMPUTER. IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS SYSTEM, DISCONNECT NOW. All attempts to access and use this system and/or its resources are subject to keystroke monitoring and recording. Everyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such reveals possible evidence of criminal activity or abuse of authority, the information will be reported to authorities for action. Unauthorized access attempts or use in excess of documented authority may subject you to a fine and/or imprisonment in accordance with Title 18, USC, Section 1030 or administrative penalties or dismissal.

Does that mean the government is going to spy on me?? lol

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Timeline

So.. I registered.. and when I click to sign in to my account, I saw this message:

YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO A U.S. GOVERNMENT COMPUTER. IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS SYSTEM, DISCONNECT NOW. All attempts to access and use this system and/or its resources are subject to keystroke monitoring and recording. Everyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such reveals possible evidence of criminal activity or abuse of authority, the information will be reported to authorities for action. Unauthorized access attempts or use in excess of documented authority may subject you to a fine and/or imprisonment in accordance with Title 18, USC, Section 1030 or administrative penalties or dismissal.

Does that mean the government is going to spy on me?? lol

Hmm... G always asks me to post because he says no one ever responds to him.. lol.. but I'm not having so much luck myself!!

Visajourney.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.