mbmw

A touch on my Removal of Conditions two years after approval?

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

How have you all been?

Well I went to my N-400 Citizenship interview back in March, I passed the test easly, I wasn't approved on the spot because the officer told me i had to send more evidence that I live with my wife, so this is based on 3yr permanent resident married to a USC.

Fine, I sent in more evidence in April, and on May 1st I recieved a touch on my Removal of conditions application that was approved 2 years back?

Is that Normal? Has it happened to anyone here in the past?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi there....I believe we all have a single file that they keep all our paperwork in from the beginning of our journey till the end. If that's the case then when they are dealing with your newest application it would cause them to scan the bar code on your file with the same removal of conditions paperwork in it.

There are people removing conditions now who say they are getting touches on things related to their adjustment of status, so that works the same way.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Hi,

How have you all been?

Well I went to my N-400 Citizenship interview back in March, I passed the test easly, I wasn't approved on the spot because the officer told me i had to send more evidence that I live with my wife, so this is based on 3yr permanent resident married to a USC.

Fine, I sent in more evidence in April, and on May 1st I recieved a touch on my Removal of conditions application that was approved 2 years back?

Thanks

Yes - it is quite normal. Touches have occurred on previous cases in the different stages of this long journey. Since all applications are tied in one A# it is possible that when they receive something, they update previous cases while arranging the new application or evidence.

Nothing to worry about!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Yes - it is quite normal. Touches have occurred on previous cases in the different stages of this long journey. Since all applications are tied in one A# it is possible that when they receive something, they update previous cases while arranging the new application or evidence.

Nothing to worry about!

Thank you Much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Difficult to state if the N-400 application or processing has anything to do with the I-751 processing as done at different locations. If you haven't received your ten year card yet, it has to be well long overdue. After we sent in our N-400 application, it occurred to me afterwards by gathering the latest evidence, that our evidence for the I-751 was well over a year old. So I sent that additional evidence to the I-751 office as well. Didn't make much difference, finally called my senators office to learn our application was misplaced that was the key reason it never was processed waiting until the last moment.

Been preaching on this board is you never can send enough evidence while some disagree with that saying just to send the very minimum if any at all. You will learn with a shortage of evidence, you will be returning back to the end of the line and you still had to submit that evidence anyway. Better to do that ahead of time. Those lines get pretty long at times.

Difficult to state if the N-400 application or processing has anything to do with the I-751 processing as done at different locations. If you haven't received your ten year card yet, it has to be well long overdue. After we sent in our N-400 application, it occurred to me afterwards by gathering the latest evidence, that our evidence for the I-751 was well over a year old. So I sent that additional evidence to the I-751 office as well. Didn't make much difference, finally called my senators office to learn our application was misplaced that was the key reason it never was processed waiting until the last moment.

Been preaching on this board is you never can send enough evidence while some disagree with that saying just to send the very minimum if any at all. You will learn with a shortage of evidence, you will be returning back to the end of the line and you still had to submit that evidence anyway. Better to do that ahead of time. Those lines get pretty long at times.

I agree, I received my 10 year green card a long time ago, more than a year and half. Went to interview, he was nice, and even told me at the end to NOT send in too many documents, he said just send in a couple of things. And I sent it more than a couple of things, it's funny that the only thing that ended up happening is me getting a touch on an application that was approved 2 years ago. Still nothing on the N-400.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree, I received my 10 year green card a long time ago, more than a year and half. Went to interview, he was nice, and even told me at the end to NOT send in too many documents, he said just send in a couple of things. And I sent it more than a couple of things, it's funny that the only thing that ended up happening is me getting a touch on an application that was approved 2 years ago. Still nothing on the N-400.

Thanks for sharing this. I think in general it's better to send in less evidence as long as what you're sending is quality and not fluff. Same thing our teachers always told us in school...the person who submits a few pages with some real "meat" in it gets more points (in our case faster processing time) than the person who submits 100 pages of nothing.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Hi,

How have you all been?

Thanks

Yes it's pretty common it happened to me too, I had touches on my AOS and I751 and some other members reported the same thing as well. I guess it's normal that they have to look your old files.

Yes it's pretty common it happened to me too, I had touches on my AOS and I751 and some other members reported the same thing as well. I guess it's normal that they have to look your old files.

Ok Cool, I just wish this journey was over, It's dragging along like every other experience i had with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.